Why do I bother...My Porsche App problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
pmg

Post by pmg »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:43 am
pmg wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:22 pm
Stewbie wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:10 pm Hi
Can anybody help.
I have a 2019 s from new . Over air updates on maps was working fine but recently has stopped updating, is there any one how can point me in the right direction.
I am all paid up on the connect side of things ?
Same here. There is a PCM update due on my car the next time it visits the OPC. This a three hour download. I think I have read somehere this may solve the issue but Iam not 100 % sure

No idea if my PCM needs updating. :lol: Car was built March 2018.

3 hours!? :shock: Does anything take that long to update these days?! I’m clearly no tech geek, but I thought software was better/quicker than that these days? :?
my understanding is that it is a Gen 2 Macan service recall
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Stewbie

Post by Stewbie »

Hi
Is there a manual button to press to start a down load of the maps , I no it’s automatic but just wondering if there is a manual button ?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Stewbie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:24 pm Is there a manual button to press to start a down load of the maps , I no it’s automatic but just wondering if there is a manual button ?
On the car PCM or My Porsche App? Although the answers the same either way: never seen (or needed) one!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
JJay

Post by JJay »

I’ve had the car from new since August. While the app shows the manual and allows me to book a service none of the vehicle details are available, templates are there but all the values are blank. It’s been back for a masterclass and they deleted and reinstalled saying may take a day or so to come through but no. Now after this update even the nil value templates have disappeared and I get the message car doesn’t support connect services. Don’t think I’d use these features but it’s annoying that something which should work doesn’t. Suppose get it back to the OPC.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

JJay wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:38 pm I’ve had the car from new since August. While the app shows the manual and allows me to book a service none of the vehicle details are available, templates are there but all the values are blank. It’s been back for a masterclass and they deleted and reinstalled saying may take a day or so to come through but no. Now after this update even the nil value templates have disappeared and I get the message car doesn’t support connect services. Don’t think I’d use these features but it’s annoying that something which should work doesn’t. Suppose get it back to the OPC.
I had this last February on collection, the dealer had failed to update the car with some code that needed to be done with it hooked up to a laptop. This process required the tracker fobs to be present but has left me getting an error message if I don't now have them in the car! I do not have the tracker activated.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:10 pm
JJay wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:38 pm I’ve had the car from new since August. While the app shows the manual and allows me to book a service none of the vehicle details are available, templates are there but all the values are blank. It’s been back for a masterclass and they deleted and reinstalled saying may take a day or so to come through but no. Now after this update even the nil value templates have disappeared and I get the message car doesn’t support connect services. Don’t think I’d use these features but it’s annoying that something which should work doesn’t. Suppose get it back to the OPC.
I had this last February on collection, the dealer had failed to update the car with some code that needed to be done with it hooked up to a laptop. This process required the tracker fobs to be present but has left me getting an error message if I don't now have them in the car! I do not have the tracker activated.
That can't be right Neil. You should get back to them
I picked up my S back in October so theoretically at least, it should have the latest update to that point in time. My fobs are in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.
Unless there is a difference between generations? Still doesn't sound right to me though
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:10 pm
Might be worth ringing Vofaphone to see if they can turn the fob warning off. Otherwise just keep a fob in the car (which you're probably already doing). I think that the OPC might have activated the tracker system as well as Porsche Connect (now My Porsche) when they connected your car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Smokey99

Post by Smokey99 »

EngineerMK wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:11 pm i’ve never been able to get the app to connect so i gave up and deleted it!
Similar. I picked the car up in Feb 2022 in Newcastle and drove back down to London. Stopped at friends in Stretton near Stamford and that was the last time it registered where I left it over the two years the app was 'working'.

Tried asking Porsche about it a couple of times then realised I was spending more time trying to fix something I never actually used.
Macan S - Crayon Grey with lots of stuff

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSSA35

Previous: Audi S4 Avant; Octavia VRS Estate and many other hot hatches
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

My App on my MY23 Macan also only now shows the car mileage but things like car being locked or service schedules have disappeared. Did I read on this forum there is a new Porsche App for IPhones??
2023 Macan S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

IPKnightly2 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:15 pm My App on my MY23 Macan also only now shows the car mileage but things like car being locked or service schedules have disappeared. Did I read on this forum there is a new Porsche App for IPhones??
Yes there is a revised / new one. See also my post of 27 Nov 23 on this thread (last one on page 2). The App has worked faultlessly for me this year with all measures working reliably. :)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver