Heavy delivery delay

All your ordering information here!
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Yeah im already calling around...... :)

@skyway - It is a 2.0 Base, I wonder too....
Back in March I asked them whats the quickest deliverable 4 door Model ( due to pregnancy), they said the base.
Macan S and GTS they said is going to be min 12 and 18 months... So hence I chose base model with nice speccing... Only to be offered now GTS models as soon as possible Deliveroo style :P .....
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT

Snook

Post by Snook »

Whilst good business sense for Porsche to prioritise models with higher margins, as a customer it’s going to put off a lot of people who get messed around.

I do wonder if they are getting a lot of cancelled orders of the more expensive models at present due to higher interest rates, perhaps, even people dropping from GTS or s models to base or t.
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Yeah agreed more margins makes perfect business sense.
I presume they have a lot of cancellations if they offer me with info that there are 6-7 slots in September. Idk about downgrade as the pricing has changed too... The people who ordered these GTS maybe 1 or 18 months year ago, had a better price then vs a macan S 2023 August Price...
My current spec and price is currently significantly higher..... So im now also a bit hesitant to switch if i find another slot at another dealer.
It is what it is...... :S

Ex cars:
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Monaco2323 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:28 pm Yeah agreed more margins makes perfect business sense.
I presume they have a lot of cancellations if they offer me with info that there are 6-7 slots in September. Idk about downgrade as the pricing has changed too... The people who ordered these GTS maybe 1 or 18 months year ago, had a better price then vs a macan S 2023 August Price...
My current spec and price is currently significantly higher..... So im now also a bit hesitant to switch if i find another slot at another dealer.
I thought any price increases whilst car on order was passed on, price only fixed when spec locked in? Is your current s not therefore going to be the new price regardless?
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Luckily I have been assured that my price stays the same, have it in writing that hey will honour that.
I do not know how it is with other dealers of course...

Ex cars:
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Monaco2323 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:58 pm Luckily I have been assured that my price stays the same, have it in writing that hey will honour that.
I would take that with a pinch of salt. Porsche pass on price rises unless your build slot has been locked in. I doubt the dealership is taking the hit.

Same as interest rates. Mine went from 6.4% up to 11%. Finance quotes are only valid to 3 months. If I'd had to buy with finance I'd have cancelled.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Monaco2323 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:58 pm Luckily I have been assured that my price stays the same, have it in writing that hey will honour that.
Great, i would however get that confirmed again before getting too excited. Porsche will undoubtably be charging the dealer the new current price and i don't think your particular dealer is going to swallow that in their margin happily. Perhaps that's why your being bumped back - they hope you'll get fed up and cancel?
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

HertsMacan wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:55 pm
Monaco2323 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:28 pm Yeah agreed more margins makes perfect business sense.
I thought any price increases whilst car on order was passed on, price only fixed when spec locked in? Is your current s not therefore going to be the new price regardless?

Thats correct. The price is only locked in when the spec is locked and submitted to build. There are many here that got done with two price rises before locking in!

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have bought my Macan with these price rises and the interest rate rises. Everyone has a limit.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do I really need to say?

Ditch the T and go with a light spec GTS.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:26 pm Do I really need to say?

Ditch the T and go with a light spec GTS.
I think the OP is talking about a base not a T? If the OPC is honouring the original base order price the jump to a GTS could be £20k?
Macan T - Ordered January ‘23 - Collected June ‘23
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZG5PN8