Anyone off the the cayenne reveal tomorrow?

The place to discuss everything else..
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

AllanG wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:43 pm I received an invitation today for the launch of the Gen 3 Cayenne from OPC Portsmouth, which is being held on 14th Sept at a local vineyard.
Me too…. See you there!
2023 Macan S

crockers

Post by crockers »

I was in Swindon Thursday to pick up some hub centres fir my winter wheels. Had a long chat about the new Cayenne.. Sat in and looked around the coupe - I really liked it and would think it would be quite nimble if you added rear wheel steering.

Then I saw a new Cayman GTS in artic grey. It us a stunner listed out at £91k.but it has to be listed at the current price but came in prep price rise so it could be yours for mid 80s. So 4 litres 6 cylinders. Hmm.

Spoke about Taycans - he said deals are available.
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Feel slightly offended that having bought a Macan GTS followed by a Cayenne GTS that my OPC didn’t feel I was worth an invite and the first I find about it is on here. That’s loyalty for you!
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:31 pm
gtipirelli wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:08 pm Not had any sort of invite from Leicester despite me having my 2020 Cayenne serviced there 🤷‍♀️
Did you buy from new? I'd have thought current Cayenne owners would be priority for invites?
Bought the Cayenne ‘used’ from them having traded in the Macan we bought new from them a few years earlier. Not heard a peep from them about the new Cayenne
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

gtipirelli wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:19 pm
gtipirelli wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:08 pm Not had any sort of invite from Leicester despite me having my 2020 Cayenne serviced there 🤷‍♀️
Did you buy from new? I'd have thought current Cayenne owners would be priority for invites?
Bought the Cayenne ‘used’ from them having traded in the Macan we bought new from them a few years earlier. Not heard a peep from them about the new Cayenne
No surprises there - OPC's rarely show any loyalty, you're yesterdays profit. I keep getting e-mails about Taycans from East London (where I bought my Macan) and been invited to test drive in Chigwell in September. May well go just for the experience and a free drink and nibbles, but its not through loyalty - just that they have so many they can't sell, new and used. Bet you can give them a right shafting at the mo on price. Its a buyers market for Taycans and OPC will have to bend over backwards if you want one - a refreshing change from the normal "take it or leave it" attitude you tend to get from OPC's!
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

AndyC160 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:09 pm I got an invite from Newcastle (where I got my macan from last week) but unfortunately its 3 and a half hours away.

They obviously think it's time I change from a macan to a cayenne already!
Just got another invite to the launch event...this time from Wilmslow my local OPC. I think I might pop down for some nibbles.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

HertsMacan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:56 pm
gtipirelli wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:19 pm

No surprises there - OPC's rarely show any loyalty, you're yesterdays profit. I keep getting e-mails about Taycans from East London (where I bought my Macan) and been invited to test drive in Chigwell in September. May well go just for the experience and a free drink and nibbles, but its not through loyalty - just that they have so many they can't sell, new and used. Bet you can give them a right shafting at the mo on price. Its a buyers market for Taycans and OPC will have to bend over backwards if you want one - a refreshing change from the normal "take it or leave it" attitude you tend to get from OPC's!
Whereabouts in Chigwell will the test drive be?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Did anybody else go to the Portsmouth launch last night…. Great Macan turnout!
2023 Macan S
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

IPKnightly2 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am Did anybody else go to the Portsmouth launch last night…. Great Macan turnout!
No, as the event was full when I tried booking, and was put on the wait list, but it appears there were no, or practically no, cancellations! 🙁

Was the event good? What did you think of the new Cayenne?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

AllanG wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:24 pm
IPKnightly2 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am Did anybody else go to the Portsmouth launch last night…. Great Macan turnout! :D :D
No, as the event was full when I tried booking, and was put on the wait list, but it appears there were no, or practically no, cancellations! 🙁

Was the event good? What did you think of the new Cayenne?
Very good location…. Tour of the vineyard / entertainment was very good…Cayenne interior was impressive but overall not a car for me…
Made eye contact with my SE a couple of times but he seemed very attentive to a young Porsche Pro(understandable) so missed the opportunity to discuss ordering at 718 Cayman for wifey! :D :D
2023 Macan S