Send destination to vehicle

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I need your help. Can anyone confirm that using the MyPorsche App that they can still "send destination to vehicle" from their smartphone to their Porsche's PCM?

The result being when you then get into the car, start it and have the SatNav up and running - that destiantion and its route is already loaded and functioning on your PCM screen.

My Macan was able to do this until April last year. Since then I have been in dialogue with Porsche GB at Smart Mobility, Porsche Customer Interface Centre. They have propsed numerous fixes of the past 16 months, none of which have worked. This week they said they will get my OPC to replace the PCM.

I went to book it in and discussed with the Workshop Manager at my OPC. In turn he contacted Porsche GB Technical...... they state that this facility was removed about six months ago!

I hasten to add that all the other MyPorsche App functions still work. Even being able to find a destination and the resulting route / miles / time to get to it are visible on the phone [like using Google maps, Waze etc]. Just not able now to send it to the car.

I would be very grateful for your feed back......as Porsche don't seem to have their left and right hands connected! :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:26 pm I need your help. Can anyone confirm that using the MyPorsche App that they can still "send destination to vehicle" from their smartphone to their Porsche's PCM?

The result being when you then get into the car, start it and have the SatNav up and running - that destiantion and its route is already loaded and functioning on your PCM screen.

My Macan was able to do this until April last year. Since then I have been in dialogue with Porsche GB at Smart Mobility, Porsche Customer Interface Centre. They have propsed numerous fixes of the past 16 months, none of which have worked. This week they said they will get my OPC to replace the PCM.

I went to book it in and discussed with the Workshop Manager at my OPC. In turn he contacted Porsche GB Technical...... they state that this facility was removed about six months ago!

I hasten to add that all the other MyPorsche App functions still work. Even being able to find a destination and the resulting route / miles / time to get to it are visible on the phone [like using Google maps, Waze etc]. Just not able now to send it to the car.

I would be very grateful for your feed back......as Porsche don't seem to have their left and right hands connected! :roll:
Confirmed. I used it on Tuesday night to prepare for my trip down to the Belfry on Wednesday morning. App said "destination sent" and once I set off and the phone blue tooth connected the Nav offered to start navigation. I've just sent another destination and that's worked too (I have recently had it fail to send a few times but always succeeded on, say, the 4th go) from the app perspective.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
GTB

Post by GTB »

SAC1,

I use the feature all the time, must have used it at least six times this week as I travel about the country. I simply night before in my hotel go into "My Porsche" app on my android phone, tap the maps tab at bottowm put in destination, then send to vehicle. And I get confirmation on screen its sent. Next morning and sometimes it does take a few minutes, message will come up on PCM screen asking if I want to start Nav to this destination, press start and thats it.
Must have used it at least 100 times this year and no issues.

Cheers GTB.
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Thank you Neil and GTB.
Good to Know Porsche don't know what's what! :oops: :roll:
Steve

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Following your request Steve I’ve had a go at this and so far failed. I don’t have an option to ‘send to car’ but the blurb says my saved favourites should be synced with the car. Don’t know how long that takes, it hasn’t happened today having first tried earlier this morning. I believe I’ve got all the requisite settings in place, the car is ‘connected’, previous favourites are in the car nav system and Personal Portal POIs appear but not the destination I used for testing this. I’ll keep checking to see if it appears sometime…..
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Thank you Nick.

This is what I see on my phone:

Screenshot_20230826_152824_My Porsche.jpg

Steve

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

If I may segway for a moment.

I can send destination from Porsche App to my 911/992 PCM, however…

I cannot rename my favourite destinations, like I used to on Macan S gen-2.

I have my old custom/renamed destinations that I saved on Macan PCM still visible on 992 PCM, but I cannot change names of addresses.

Can you save and rename favourite addresses?
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:31 pm Thank you Nick.

This is what I see on my phone:

Screenshot_20230826_152824_My Porsche.jpg
Thanks Steve. I don’t get that, only option to save destinations as favourites, no route option. I guess it’s different for model years. But favourites are supposed to sync with vehicle and that hasn’t happened yet.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Well after months of frustration and many, many emails from and back to Porsche Smart Mobility....it is fixed.

The cause was that the PCM Pairing Code dropped out every time the ignition was turned off, but unknown to me. Eventually I was able to find a setting page in the PCM, after I'd paired the code to the PCM (again), that provided a permanent link tick box option.

And it's working perfectly again. I can send the destination to the car remotely from my smartphone. I get in the car, turn on the ignition, wait for the Sat Nav to load. And hey presto! The screen shows "Start guidance", press it and the routing works. This includes smart routing to avoid traffic jams, road closures etc.

WONDERFUL :D

But why couldn't my OPC or Porsche GB have suggested this fix months ago?
Steve

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:31 pm Well after months of frustration and many, many emails from and back to Porsche Smart Mobility....it is fixed.

The cause was that the PCM Pairing Code dropped out every time the ignition was turned off, but unknown to me. Eventually I was able to find a setting page in the PCM, after I'd paired the code to the PCM (again), that provided a permanent link tick box option.

And it's working perfectly again. I can send the destination to the car remotely from my smartphone. I get in the car, turn on the ignition, wait for the Sat Nav to load. And hey presto! The screen shows "Start guidance", press it and the routing works. This includes smart routing to avoid traffic jams, road closures etc.

WONDERFUL :D

But why couldn't my OPC or Porsche GB have suggested this fix months ago?
An excellent question, maybe they're not paid enough?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP