Collection day - Macan S - Guildford OPC

All your ordering information here!
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

I’m amazed that the OP didn’t get the full Porsche treatment with his admittedly great looking and clearly well prepared Macan.
We had a great handover and technical briefing at Tonbridge OPC with probably the least expensive car they will sell all year.

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Tonyedmunds wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:40 pm I’m amazed that the OP didn’t get the full Porsche treatment with his admittedly great looking and clearly well prepared Macan.
We had a great handover and technical briefing at Tonbridge OPC with probably the least expensive car they will sell all year.
Reckon, it's the "Bread and Butter" cars like Boxsters and Macans that have kept Porsche buoyant for this long. Occasionally, they demonstrate a 'Everyone's equal but some are more equal than other's' attitude, which is disappointing.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Having spent a few hours trying to sort the pcm, app etc, think the total lack of offer of set up help has irked me the most. Will have to go back in to sort it. Don’t blame the SE on the day, he was dumped in it for his first one, this feels like dealership culture.

Still, love just being in it and driving it. That’s the main thing.
Thought the 1L oil and the key rings in a box with photo was Porsche GB standard? Maybe not as have neither.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Looks great.

Mine came from Guildford and my handover was really good. Our ‘wine’ was a bottle of champagne plus the flowers and chocolates etc. SE spent a load of time with us and there was literally no rush. I had also gone in a few days prior to do a full inspection so that there were no ‘surprises’ on the day. Couldn’t have been more helpful. I’m guessing on your day they were under staffed perhaps?

Only thing I don’t like down there is all the building works.
Macan S MY 2023
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

My 4-year old Macan S came with a shedload of goodies: Champers, Thermos, 2x Keyrings, 2x Pens, Sponge, Microfibre cloth, Dash smelly, Touchscreen spray/wiper and had full launch reveal and two experts on hand with the SE to show me and the missus around the car.

I've had to go back for tiny things so far (App disconnected, missing rubber grommet from door) but SE genuinely happy to see me each time and very generous with his time & advice.

Was such a good and memorable experience overall that I popped in again today to give him a spare new Orbit tracker card I had - he has a TTRS at home that he can use it on.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Blackhole128 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:50 pm My 4-year old Macan S came with a shedload of goodies....
Which OPC?
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Congratulations - enjoy the car, it looks like a great spec.

My handover was very well done - a complete run through of the car and functions, PCM set up, syncing my phone, etc. Including a run through of my options I had specced and how to use them.

I also got a bottle of champers, some Porsche branded goodies and a full-ish tank of petrol. That sounds better than it was - the most useful thing was a Porsche branded iPhone cable that I use to charge my phone with!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Woodhouse wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:16 pm Finally got to pick up my Dolomite S today, ordered Jan so perhaps not the longest wait relative to others.

Unfortunately my SE couldn’t be there last minute so handed over to a newbie. Lovely guy but his first ever handover.

No help with setting up PCM or app. Just a chat, flowers, wine, keys and goodbye. No freebies in the boot. Not even the litre of oil I thought should be there. No explaining any set up. Not his fault as a newbie but must say whilst I love the car the handover experience was more than a little deflating. Premium product but not experience.

Do I raise it with first SE as no doubt I’ll have multiple calls about the scores of the survey! Or is this par for the course?

PS: pics to follow.
Congratulations on the Macan...it looks great.

You might get an email from the SE or someone from the OPC asking that, if you feel they didn't exceed your expectations on handover, to speak to them first before you answer the questionnaire. I got that email but I was happy with my handover. It seems to be a massive thing for OPCs that customers answer the questionnaire with responses confirming that the handover and overall experience exceeded expectations.

Didn't you even get a basic explanation of the pcm, phone connection, controls etc? I think I would have asked them there and then for a brief explanation. They should have arranged a masterclass for you at a later date to go through things in more detail.

In the meantime enjoy the drive 👍
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks smart, enjoy

I’m sure your guy will be in touch and offer you a better handover to help you set up various bits
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Looks ace! Really warming to Dolomite 👍

As for handover, enjoyed mine, no champers or flowers, received a flask and air freshener.
As for survey, SE really pushed on this to complete asap and laser like focus on giving 5 stars for everything.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)