My Date has slipped

All your ordering information here!
pingman777

Post by pingman777 »

Hello All

my date for my new car has slipped . It was due on the 29th sept, now it's Oct 6th. I know its only a week but I have sold my old Macan . Given that I have to keep asking for updates, and the latest news is a surprise , i have asked Porsche for a loaner as I question the value the salesman brings . Also, do they really care about the customer feedback post the sale , I assume I will get a survey

Tidesurge3

Post by Tidesurge3 »

Will be interesting to see if they give you a loaner as you have got rid of your old Macan before the original delivery date so they may question how you are already managing. It’s certainly worth a try though, they have got lots of Taycans sitting around collecting dust. Good luck and hopefully there won’t be an any further slippage.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRD69BS9 GTS on order for Mar 24 delivery.
pingman777

Post by pingman777 »

Actually , I have sold my car and the collection date is Sept 29th and my delivery date of my new Macan was Sept 29th , so the same day , Porsche has now slipped a week and was not informed , i had to ask
2japs

Post by 2japs »

With my first Macan I gave up asking for updates, then 9am one Friday morning the SE rang me and told me the car was in the showroom and ready to collect and could I transfer the balance! I still had my old car, told him in no uncertain terms they would have to wait until I sold my Jag.
Sold the Jag locally and picked up the Macan the following week.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sorry, but it is very doubtful that your OPC knows the exact date that a Car will be with them even when it arrives they have the PDI to undertake and yours will only be one of a transporter full of hew Porsche’s that will also require being PDI’d.

The last piece of the transaction is with the logistics company that delivery and there can be many reasons why they cannot deliver.

Conversely if it has arrived either at the Port or your OPC and then an issue was found that also can induce a delay.

Sorry, but you should not have parted with your car until the SE had confirmed that it was with them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

pingman777 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:58 am Hello All

my date for my new car has slipped . It was due on the 29th sept, now it's Oct 6th. I know its only a week but I have sold my old Macan . Given that I have to keep asking for updates, and the latest news is a surprise , i have asked Porsche for a loaner as I question the value the salesman brings . Also, do they really care about the customer feedback post the sale , I assume I will get a survey
Dealers are at the mercy of a few factors. They know when it's getting built, as Porsche have build slots. But that's it.

The delays are waiting for a boat which is completely out of the dealers hands. They only know when the updates tell them it's sailed. Then the delay at the docks once arrived. Again, out of the dealers hands.

I really do have sympathy for the dealers. We all want updates and expect the dealer to know the exact date it'll arrive. But the simple fact is, they are in the dark as much as us. They (the SE) wants the car ASAP so they can hand it over and get their commission.

Which is where the survey comes in to it. The survey is VERY important to the SE and Dealership itself, as this is used by Porsche for customer feedback. I was practically begged by my SE to give 10 out of 10 for everything. Whether it affects his commission or not I'm not sure. But it was very very important to him that I gave the best scores and feedback possible.

My advise it give them a great review and don't mention delays. If they give you a loaner, say it in the survey and praise the SE and dealership. I've had a couple nice perks since picking up my Macan, and the glowing survey might well have been the factor in that.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:28 pm ..... I've had a couple nice perks since picking up my Macan...
Care to share :D
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:57 pm
wab172uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:28 pm ..... I've had a couple nice perks since picking up my Macan...
Day out with a Taycan and afternoon tea at a very nice hotel.

Day out near Whitby with lunch at a very nice hotel.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Nice! :)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:42 pm
MooseMiller wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Day out with a Taycan and afternoon tea at a very nice hotel.

Day out near Whitby with lunch at a very nice hotel.
Same here, massive bag of Xmas goodies, afternoon tea and several hours spent in the following:

IMG_4548.jpeg

Macan S MY 2023