New Blue Macan

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

Thanks for all the kind comments. After the long wait I certainly intend to keep the car for quite a few years…. With no intention of going electric in the foreseeable future (who wants to try driving from Hampshire to the wilds of Scotland with an electric car?).

(Dan was my sales exec at Portsmouth).
Macan S
Code: PR5S7372

2japs

Post by 2japs »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:39 pm
2japs wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:14 pm
ScotMac wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:06 pm Quite a wait you had.

Love the colour. We have an Audi TT in similar colour. I have lost count of the number of people who have said "love the colour" :D :D
Turbo blue? , nearly bought my previous S3 in that colour, wife wasn’t keen on it. 🙁
I think it is Turbo blue. It was quite rare a few years ago. Looks great on most cars.
Looks great on the TT, better than on A3 imo. My wife’s friend has just took delivery of a turbo blue black edition TT , looks really smart 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
crockers

Post by crockers »

Lovely looking car. Can I ask what put you off speccing sports chrono?
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

When I had the Macan I thought S/C was a nice to have but ended up a bit of a gimmick as I hardly ever used it. A sports button would have been more than enough along with pasm button.
Conversely, now in a 992, I use it several times per drive although it is a little more configurable.
Not sure the Macan misses anything by not having chrono??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

My "S" doesn't have SC, but after 5 months and about 3000 miles I can't think of a situation where I would have used it. The acceleration on the "S" gives you warp factor 4 instantly, and a quick glance at the speedo does amaze/frighten me on occasion.

Love the colour.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I use my SC on every journey and the instant change in gearbox and suspension together simply cannot be replicated using haptics or buttons. I also have an individual setting that moves the gearbox to SPORTS but the suspension to SPORTS++. Near impossible to fiddle with centre controls to make that happen in a split second. I definitely wouldn't buy any Porsche without SC ;)

P.S. Does a Macan without SC even have SPORTS PLUS?
Last edited by Skyway on Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:50 am I use my SC on every journey and the instant change in gearbox and suspension together simply cannot be replicated using haptics or buttons. I also have an individual setting that moves the gearbox to SPORTS but the suspension to SPORTS++. Near impossible to fiddle with centre controls to make that happen in a split second. I definitely wouldn't buy any Porsche without SC ;)
Couldn’t agree less 😉
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Jon A wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:54 am
Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:50 am I use my SC on every journey and the instant change in gearbox and suspension together simply cannot be replicated using haptics or buttons. I also have an individual setting that moves the gearbox to SPORTS but the suspension to SPORTS++. Near impossible to fiddle with centre controls to make that happen in a split second. I definitely wouldn't buy any Porsche without SC ;)
Couldn’t agree less 😉
We'll we're all different. For me its an essential piece of kit ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:56 am
Jon A wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:54 am
Couldn’t agree less 😉
We'll we're all different. For me its an essential piece of kit ;)
👍
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

P.S. Does a Macan without SC even have SPORTS PLUS?
Only on the suspension setting. Engine/gearbox Sport only. I don't know if setting the suspension in S+ affects the engine/gearbox.