Debunking warranty/service myth

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nuclear Nick wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:59 am AFAIK the OPCs are given freedom to approve and carry out repairs under warranty up to a given value and if a clear warranty issue. Outside these limits, and for goodwill repairs, they need to get approval from Porsche. In all cases though they will be reimbursed by Porsche.
Thanks Nick good to know đź‘Ť
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Semerka wrote: ↑Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:23 pm I am surprised that they would refuse to sell an extended warranty to you on that basis, it's money or a commission for them, like selling an insurance policy. I have always thought.
Agreed, sell you the policy and nap the commission and then just refuse to carry out any work. Clearly this OPC is interpreting the conditions differently from others. Perhaps we could get a list of OPC's that are playing ball.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Jon A wrote: ↑Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:27 pm
Semerka wrote: ↑Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:23 pm I am surprised that they would refuse to sell an extended warranty to you on that basis, it's money or a commission for them, like selling an insurance policy. I have always thought.
I think that they don’t always claim against the warranty when they are fixing “warranty claims” so to speak. If the repair is straight forward and can be done fairly quickly, we the customer are told it is a “warranty repair” but in fact they don’t make an actual claim against it. There are probably financial gains for them to avoid claiming reimbursement against the VAG policy??
This works well when they are getting huge service revenue…
Makes sense, some repairs / adjustments are quite minor. :)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

HertsMacan wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:46 am
Agreed, sell you the policy and nap the commission and then just refuse to carry out any work. Clearly this OPC is interpreting the conditions differently from others. Perhaps we could get a list of OPC's that are playing ball.
Yes, but then you get OPCs which put an extended warranty on a car when they shouldn't have and PGB slap their wrists and tell you the warranty is void.

My local OPC did tell me years ago there was no issue with our local indy, GCR in Leicester, doing work with genuine parts to Porsche specification, and that this wouldn't affect any warranty.
DRW

Post by DRW »

Do you think that having the servicing carried out by an Indy will affect its future resale value?
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

DRW wrote: ↑Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:50 am Do you think that having the servicing carried out by an Indy will affect its future resale value?
If you sell to a dealer then they will use it as a reason for offering less. They will then put on 111 point extended warranty and sell it at full price.

If you sell privately then those that want FDSH won't call you. Those that do will be happy with FSH.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479