Specification Error

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

“A” should be a non starter, it was 100% a Dealer Admin or rather more like an SE error who did not pass on your final build config to the OPC Admin.

Lesson to be learned by all “do not give the SE/OPC a build code until you are 100% sure it is the final config”

I’d go for “B” plus a Loan Porsche until yours arrives plus a PEC Range Day invite not to mention a large bunch of flowers for the Mrs who is devastated.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I would suggest never giving a final build code electronically. Go in to the OPC and have them go through the final code. My OPC suggested this and it also gives you a final final ability to change things and walk away with the printed spec in your hand.
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:13 pm I would suggest never giving a final build code electronically. Go in to the OPC and have them go through the final code. My OPC suggested this and it also gives you a final final ability to change things and walk away with the printed spec in your hand.
Good advice 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:21 pm Not exactly the same but in 2007/8 my mrs ordered a new v6 TT convertible when they had only just come out and there was a long lead time for them

It was badly damaged on the boat on the way over

Audi dealer was brilliant

Owned up to the issue
Express ordered brand new one - jumping long Qs
New Audi Q7 for the duration until new TT turned up
2 places at the Audi experience event at silverstone - an early version of the PEC

So push the dealer and they can make things happen!
Similar experience here; Went to collect my other half's new BMW 3 series, between signing all the paper work etc and sales guy driving it around to the forecourt they managed to drop the workshop roller door onto the car, one very V shaped roof!... outcome was a loan car, new factory ordered car with improved spec delivered 6 weeks later. And a request to not tell BMW UK if they did a customer survey!
wooldric

Post by wooldric »

Thanks for all the feedback & advice.

Disappointingly I'm still struggling to get any clarity out of the OPC. I was assured the Centre Principal would call me yesterday only to then receive another email from the SE today saying the CP had moved on and again asking me if I'd decided what I wanted to do! I've again stressed that to make a decision I need to know a delivery timeframe for a new order. Getting me "up the build schedule" is too vague. The SE has again said that whoever's standing in for the Centre Principal will call to discuss. As I write I'm still waiting so I guess that I'll have to call them 1st thing in the morning. I really think they just want me to take back the deposit so they can sell the car to someone else & hopefully keep the sorry episode quiet.

I'm so disappointed by the lack of interest/respect they are showing.

Did I mention that they've been servicing my Porsche Boxster for the last 9 years!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

wooldric wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm Thanks for all the feedback & advice.

Disappointingly I'm still struggling to get any clarity out of the OPC. I was assured the Centre Principal would call me yesterday only to then receive another email from the SE today saying the CP had moved on and again asking me if I'd decided what I wanted to do! I've again stressed that to make a decision I need to know a delivery timeframe for a new order. Getting me "up the build schedule" is too vague. The SE has again said that whoever's standing in for the Centre Principal will call to discuss. As I write I'm still waiting so I guess that I'll have to call them 1st thing in the morning. I really think they just want me to take back the deposit so they can sell the car to someone else & hopefully keep the sorry episode quiet.

I'm so disappointed by the lack of interest/respect they are showing.

Did I mention that they've been servicing my Porsche Boxster for the last 9 years!
Rubbish service.

I would document everything and then once you are sorted I would move to a different OPC and send a hard copy of the document to Porsche UK and to Porsche Germany.

When appropriate I would also post the location of the OPC here.

Errors can and do happen in any business but it is how the customer impact is handled that is a sign of the quality of the company concerned.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Perhaps raise it with Porsche GB. Bet the Principal will be calling you very quickly then ;)
Macan S MY 2023
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Skyway wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:23 pm Perhaps raise it with Porsche GB. Bet the Principal will be calling you very quickly then ;)
I was just about to say that. If they are blaming Porsche. Inform them you will be contacting Porsche directly for clarification. If the OPC is indeed to blame, that’s the last thing they’ll want you to do.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Skyway wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:23 pm Perhaps raise it with Porsche GB. Bet the Principal will be calling you very quickly then ;)
If you can get anyone sensible there !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
happy days

Post by happy days »

They might offer you a Taycan...
Macan S D
718 S