Cazoo for the sale

The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Sold our SEAT Leon FR 2.0i pdk to Cazoo today. They gave by far the best price vs the others - Carwow, Motorway, WBAC etc - by +10% better and way, way better than the main dealer p/ex price we were offered against a new factory order car.

Cazoo's guy turned up on time with an enclosed truck. Checked the car's condition, service history etc. We electronically advised the DVLA of the sale on the spot. I was paid and checked that it was in my bank account The car was loaded up and away! All in 35 minutes.

Cazoo honoured the price that they gave me 6 days earlier.

You can save £149 if you take your car to one of their depots. There is a £49 Admin fee. Even taking both into account, their price paid was by far the best.

20231017_164341.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Sounds good. Sold my sons i10 on Carwow yesterday but it was drawn out and complex tbh and final price was average.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I wonder if Cazoo have found a new credit line to rescue them if they are offering good buying prices again.

A few months ago they were rumoured to be moments from collapse.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Plyphon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:10 pm I wonder if Cazoo have found a new credit line to rescue them if they are offering good buying prices again.

Yes apparently, their collection guy said that they had downscaled their depots and staff levels. Refinaced too.

I know that their refurbishment depot and customer site at Westbury, Wiltshire has shut.
Steve

andreas

Post by andreas »

Plyphon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:10 pm I wonder if Cazoo have found a new credit line to rescue them if they are offering good buying prices again.

They did a massive debt-for-equity deal to stay in business.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Ah, good to know. My friend worked there on the tech side - was made redundant a few months ago. Said they were spending money like it's going out of fashion!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

So what’s replacing it?
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

thay need 1500 cars to replace the fire damaged ones :), not to mention the EVs being written off.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MCDK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:04 am So what’s replacing it?
The Leon was a realy tough act to follow. Basically a Golf GTi in a better frock! It had been uterly reliable for 5 years, well equipped inc. leather heated seats, 18" alloys, gear paddles and a joy to drive.

Generally only 2 people on board the car now, and the grandchildren no longer need child seats, so a smaller size car will work.
Definitely an automatic with seemless gear changing and a decent turn of speed.
Something best for threading down our narrow country lanes, and easy to park in our town car parks' narrow spaces, was the brief.

After testing and rejecting various cars including:
# new Leon - interior quality has deteriorated on the new one, awful new on-screen interior controls, like touch slider heating with no night lighting
# VW Polo GTi - really thought this was the answer, but uncomfortable seat and suprising amount of road noise etc
# BMW 1 series - just not as good as as a BMW should be
# Mini - std 3 door too small inside, others in range too bulky outside
# Honda Civic - really great car, but size too big [for her]
# Mercedes A-class - overpriced for what you get now
# Peugeot 208 - new model not due until next year

We settled on the just launched Renault Clio Esprit Alpine 1.6 E-Tech full hybrid 145 auto [MY24]. Bit of a mouthful of a handle, but seems to be a great car.
Ordered it on 1 August [when UK price and spec announced] and the dealer said "for certain" delivery before 1 November.
Negotiated a good net price, using competing CarWow rival dealer offers, with our local dealer - a bonus as just 4 miles away. [Our SEAT dealer is 28 miles from us].
Well it still hasn't arrived at the Import Centre at Southampton, as I write. Now scheduled for 2 Nov and dealer thinks we can collect on 9 Nov. So they are providing an foc Dacia Jogger [with the same engine and auto box as our Clio] for as long as it takes. So just petrol cost until then.

Well you did ask! :oops:
Steve

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nice choice, enjoy 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0