20" Wheels & Tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do have your Weetabix before ye goes, the wheels are damn heavy and very awkward to move about.

Do also put some protection over the rear bumper and boot lip.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:12 pm Do have your Weetabix before ye goes, the wheels are damn heavy and very awkward to move about.

Do also put some protection over the rear bumper and boot lip.
👍
The 19" on my C class were on the heavy side but I did get all four into the car . I think they'll all have to go in via the tailgate as I dont think the rear door aperture is big enough.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

yep, fits with a bit of creative thinking.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

yep, fits with a bit of creative thinking.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Picked the Macan S gen 3 wheels/tyres up this morning , one rear wheel flat behind the passenger seat, the other rear resting on it at an angle behind the driver.the two fronts on top of each other in the boot, had about 40mm clearance between the tailgate glass and the tyre.
Before I bought them I asked the seller for tread depth and was told 6mm all round, got home and checked them , 8mm front and 7mm rear, well worth the trip.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Well done…….and looking forward to the photos of the wheels 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
crockers

Post by crockers »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:24 pm Picked the Macan S gen 3 wheels/tyres up this morning , one rear wheel flat behind the passenger seat, the other rear resting on it at an angle behind the driver.the two fronts on top of each other in the boot, had about 40mm clearance between the tailgate glass and the tyre.
Before I bought them I asked the seller for tread depth and was told 6mm all round, got home and checked them , 8mm front and 7mm rear, well worth the trip.
Good buy 👍 I’m putting on my winters this week after picking up the new car. Had a call from the OPC. When doing the PDI they’ve found a very small nick on one wheel. Offered me a loan car if I brought it back to them to fix it. I said not to bother with the loan car - I’ll just bring my winter wheels and tyres in and they can swap them - give me back 3 and fix the one. He was pleased with that so they’re do that FOC. Saved me £250 Porsche tax or £90 tyre home swap cost 👍
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

crockers wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:54 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:24 pm Picked the Macan S gen 3 wheels/tyres up this morning , one rear wheel flat behind the passenger seat, the other rear resting on it at an angle behind the driver.the two fronts on top of each other in the boot, had about 40mm clearance between the tailgate glass and the tyre.
Good buy 👍 I’m putting on my winters this week after picking up the new car. Had a call from the OPC. When doing the PDI they’ve found a very small nick on one wheel. Offered me a loan car if I brought it back to them to fix it. I said not to bother with the loan car - I’ll just bring my winter wheels and tyres in and they can swap them - give me back 3 and fix the one. He was pleased with that so they’re do that FOC. Saved me £250 Porsche tax or £90 tyre home swap cost 👍
£250 to swop tyres !!!!!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

AllanG wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:49 pm Well done…….and looking forward to the photos of the wheels 👍
Here we are.

IMG_3164A.jpg

IMG_3162A.jpg

IMG_3161A.jpg

They were on a GTS for a short time early this year, car was sold and original 21" wheels put back on.Tyres are actually dated 30/22. I did look at a few 19" sets but the tyres ,even if there was tread on them ,were dated 5-6 years ago.
crockers

Post by crockers »

Yes Porsche charge £250 but I think this includes storage. Then another £250 to put them back on. So I dare say the change is perhaps 1/2 the cost. I store mine in my garage and I’ll get a tyre fitter to change them. At least half the price. Tyres on the drive charge £89. I’m sure a local guy is even cheaper. I’ll see in April when back from South Africa 🇿🇦