Warning sign in Multi function display

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Hi Guys can anyone tell me what the warning sign means in the top left of the multi function display?

Never seen this before, it has only appeared this morning after the OPC updated the instrument binnacle software yesterday. Light goes out when you start the engine, but then reappears next time the key is put into the car. There are no messages stored, car does not need servicing.

I have spoken to my OPC service advisor who does not know!!

thumbnail_IMG_6605.jpg

2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

It’s some sort braking system check which is part of the latest software update. As long as it goes out after you start the engine you’re good to go 😁

BTW. Did you know you have a 4th line in that display that you can program? I have mine set to display battery voltage 😉
Macan S MY 2023
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I saw this warning yesterday, extinguished after start, thought no more about it realising it must be a check light.

The 4th line is interesting - easy to find out how to program it?

Must read the manual some time!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

This is very worth the watch and will show you how to do it

Macan S MY 2023
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Thanks for that. I always pay more attention when Kermit is teaching me how to do something.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Skyway wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:05 pm It’s some sort braking system check which is part of the latest software update. As long as it goes out after you start the engine you’re good to go 😁

BTW. Did you know you have a 4th line in that display that you can program? I have mine set to display battery voltage 😉
Skyway, thank you for your answer, you know more than my OPC!!!

The 4th line was all set up with battery voltage charging, but since the update, all my personalize settings have gone , so need too reset the diamond on steering wheel to the front camera, reset non auto lock, change oil pressure to PSI, change tyre pressure to PSI, comfort entry mode etc etc. Just damm annoying that they don't tell you these will all revert to factory settings.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:05 pm It’s some sort braking system check which is part of the latest software update. As long as it goes out after you start the engine you’re good to go 😁

Ditto,I was surprised how much it can change from down to 12 up to 15
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

2japs wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:10 am

Voltage varies depending on current requirements. To use the plumbing analogy, voltage is the diameter of the pipe, current is the volume of water flowing through it. EVs charge at up to 800V simply to get the current into the battery faster.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:50 am
2japs wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:10 am

Voltage varies depending on current requirements. To use the plumbing analogy, voltage is the diameter of the pipe, current is the volume of water flowing through it. EVs charge at up to 800V simply to get the current into the battery faster.
👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
GTB

Post by GTB »

Another way of explaining:

The amount of flow through the restriction in the pipe will depend on the "pressure" applied.
In electricity the flow of current (I) through resistance (R) will depend on the voltage (V)

Picture1.png

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0