GTS Stolen

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tuscanracer69

Post by Tuscanracer69 »

First time posting on here but thought I’d share my story in case it helps others.
Had our GTS stolen from outside the house last night with all the security on and a crook lock steering wheel lock + directly under CCTV, two white males arrived 2:30 and got in without setting anything off, pulled the front dash down and got into the boot and accessed the security on the right hand side, they put plates on from a 2014 Macan that isn’t stolen and drove the car from sw London and parked it up in Finchley area, I presume they were leaving it for 24 hours to check for tracker, AirTags etc!
I reported the car stolen in the am and was notified of it’s where abouts by the Police by midday and was able to go and collect the car straight away. Porsche West London say there have been a spate of thefts in the last three months and couldn’t explain how they’ve got past security. I’m not going to post how the car was found as these scumbags most probably frequent forums etc and I don’t want to give anything away, further measures have been added as I now know the car is targeted! CCTV has been passed to the police including footage from an inside hidden camera that shows there faces clearly! Be careful and take all the precautions you can! I’ve posted images of where they accessed the interior and the plate they used.Image[/img][/img]

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5631.jpeg

IMG_5627.jpeg

Phil.C

Post by Phil.C »

Glad you got it back without major damage. Hopefully your cctv imagery will get them arrested and they will think twice about repeating crime after serving 5 hours community service ! I hope Porsche isn’t becoming another JLR where insurance companies refuse to insure them.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Very sorry to hear this news, but pleased they retrieved your car very quickly, and hope the damage can be repaired quickly, without too much expense 🤞

I’m just amazed how the thieves knew exactly what to remove to gain access to the relevant equipment be able to start the car! 🤔
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Tidesurge3

Post by Tidesurge3 »

Not good at all and pulling the dash down looks like quite significant damage to me. Hopefully they catch the toe rags. They obviously knew what they were doing, I would imagine the knowledge on how to do this is widespread amongst these types.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRD69BS9 GTS on order for Mar 24 delivery.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Sorry to read this🙁 At least the car was found and can be repaired, let’s hope the scroats get arrested and charged.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Wow

Sorry to hear

Is that the crook lock in the boot too?

That was a waste of time as well??
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

This is driving another horse and cart through our "Porsches don't get stolen" complacency. They've obviously had those plates made up, not just stolen them, as the postcode MK10 4DE doesn't exist as far as I can see, another failure in law enforcement!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

How did they remove the crook lock?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Wow sorry to hear and glad you got the car back - very close to home as I got my GTS from Porsche West London and Finchley is up the road from me!

I do wonder of all places, why Finchley - feel like if you’ve gone that far why not go to Whetstone where there are some genuine country roads to leave it.

Anyway.

Out of interest do you take your car to get washed? With no signs of forced entry they must have had the key - same with my neighbour who has his T stolen few weeks back, the only way I can think it was stolen was by having the keys cloned.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Absolute rubbish :cry:

But at least you got your car back.