Re. Paintwork Inspection

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
JJay

Post by JJay »

Last week a local firework display moved it's launch area from the usual to a position very close to my property which wasn't apparent until after it started and I'd consumed a couple of drinks. Result 3 cars in the drive covered in firework debris. I've hosed and washed the cars and while I can't see any obvious dents or pitting don't know whether the clear coats may be damaged, particularly on the 3 month old Dolomite GTS.

The organisers have admitted liability and the agreed course of action is to get the paintwork examined by a professional. For this would a detailer be best and would anyone have any recommendations Bucks / Berks area?

Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

I highly recommend Topaz Detailing, they are in Acton so depending where you are they could be within reach. I’m a little far out but I still go there for my cars. Worth it considering the quality of work and customer service.
MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

JJay wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:02 pm Last week a local firework display moved it's launch area from the usual to a position very close to my property which wasn't apparent until after it started and I'd consumed a couple of drinks. Result 3 cars in the drive covered in firework debris. I've hosed and washed the cars and while I can't see any obvious dents or pitting don't know whether the clear coats may be damaged, particularly on the 3 month old Dolomite GTS.

The organisers have admitted liability and the agreed course of action is to get the paintwork examined by a professional. For this would a detailer be best and would anyone have any recommendations Bucks / Berks area?
I'd suggest getting a pro bodyshop to inspect the vehicles. You're mostly checking for damage not cleanliness
JJay

Post by JJay »

Thanks for the advice gents.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

JJay wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:02 pm Last week a local firework display moved it's launch area from the usual to a position very close to my property which wasn't apparent until after it started and I'd consumed a couple of drinks. Result 3 cars in the drive covered in firework debris. I've hosed and washed the cars and while I can't see any obvious dents or pitting don't know whether the clear coats may be damaged, particularly on the 3 month old Dolomite GTS.

WAs it more than the white ash you see from fireworks? That's usually stuff that has floated down so hopefully wouldn't cause an issue (apart from annoyance)
Macan S MY 2023
JJay

Post by JJay »

It was a mix. Small black dots that looked like half-spent gunpowder, inch diameter, inch depth concrete like discs. There were impact points with debris fields of brown powder spraying out from the direction of the objects travel.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

JJay wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:24 pm It was a mix. Small black dots that looked like half-spent gunpowder, inch diameter, inch depth concrete like discs. There were impact points with debris fields of brown powder spraying out from the direction of the objects travel.
Did you take pictures / video?
JJay

Post by JJay »

Yes, was in the process of uploading earlier but had to bail for a Zoom call. I’ll try to put some up tomorrow morning.