Zunsport grilles

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

Still 11 months before we collect our his n hers Macans (S and GTS) but I'm already running up the shopping list for extras/add-ons. I've previously fitted Zunsport grilles to several of my cars and they've been excellent in terms of protecting the 'scoop' areas of the cars from damage to internal radiators/air intakes, preventing influx of leaf residue and even stonechips from impacting on the inner edges. Wondering if anyone has them fitted to their Macan and can say anything about them and how they perform on this particular car? Bit pricey these days - c400 quid for a set of front lower grille and side grilles - which is making me wonder if they're an extravagance in the making this time round though?
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code: PSSYUHM5

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

snipez999 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:15 pm Still 11 months before we collect our his n hers Macans (S and GTS) but I'm already running up the shopping list for extras/add-ons. I've previously fitted Zunsport grilles to several of my cars and they've been excellent in terms of protecting the 'scoop' areas of the cars from damage to internal radiators/air intakes, preventing influx of leaf residue and even stonechips from impacting on the inner edges. Wondering if anyone has them fitted to their Macan and can say anything about them and how they perform on this particular car? Bit pricey these days - c400 quid for a set of front lower grille and side grilles - which is making me wonder if they're an extravagance in the making this time round though?
Sorry can’t comment haven’t tried them, but done a quick google search and they really don’t look that nice, wouldn’t put them on my car from an aesthetic point of view.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

snipez999 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:15 pm Still 11 months before we collect our his n hers Macans (S and GTS) but I'm already running up the shopping list for extras/add-ons. I've previously fitted Zunsport grilles to several of my cars and they've been excellent in terms of protecting the 'scoop' areas of the cars from damage to internal radiators/air intakes, preventing influx of leaf residue and even stonechips from impacting on the inner edges. Wondering if anyone has them fitted to their Macan and can say anything about them and how they perform on this particular car? Bit pricey these days - c400 quid for a set of front lower grille and side grilles - which is making me wonder if they're an extravagance in the making this time round though?
Welcome.
See:viewtopic.php?t=13842

I've never experienced this problem with either of my Macans.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Fitting grilles will cause your car to fail a 111 point check for extended warranty.

PGB confirmed mine had been incorrectly applied to my 981 and was therefore void. Sytner refunded the warranty cost toward the end of the 2yr term (when they failed the car) as they had to with a voided insurance contract.

See my post in the linked thread.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Aren't they really a solution to a problem which doesn't exist?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

At one point I was going to fit these but both my OPCs confirmed that warranty claims to do with over heating etc etc would not be approved by Porsche GB. As a result I didn't do it.

However, that is a very large gap and those intercoolers are crazily expensive :(
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

With any Porsche the safest route is to always assume that fitting any Non Porsche supplied parts WILL invalidate the warranty.

Modifications of any type Will invalidate the warranty.

The best solution would be to discuss any proposed changes with the OPC and get them to confirm in writing the effect on the warranty that said changes would make.

You will probably find that different OPC’s would respond in very different ways.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Well, you could argue that one for PPF, but seeing as how my own OPC send customer cars to the very installer I used they'd find it difficult to object too ;)

I think they even fit similar grills to the GT3's etc :o

But in general terms I think you're right
Macan S MY 2023
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

I was just looking at the side gaps today whilst cleaning the car. They look very vulnerable to me and I would like to fit grills.

I will be trying to sort my Masterclass in the next couple of weeks so will aim to get a specific answer from the OPC whilst there and will request confirmation in writing if they say it’s OK.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

You need to get the go ahead from PGB not your OPC.

My OPC 'put in writing" I could have grilles by granting the extended warranty. When they refused another extension 2yrs later, PGB were the official arbitrator and said "no you can't."