Something bugging me about my rear light!

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

Hi all. I've got a bit of a bug problem with my rear light and I'm just wondering if some kind of light removal and disassembly is possible to "solve" it or are the rear lights on the Gen2 sealed?

Capture.JPG

2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Logic is saying to me, how does the critter get in if they are sealed. That would mean that it's been lost there from the factory some 4 years ago.
But the lights are not easy to dismantle, to access. Have a look on you tube to see what's entailed for removal. That would give you some idea, and if you want to attempt to tackle it.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I think all Porsche lights both front and rear are vented. If you have a warranty though I would not deem this acceptable and make a claim ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

That would be maddening. Where are the vents for the light, and are they accessible? Could you, for example, try to hoover it out?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Have a looks at this thread

viewtopic.php?t=10913
Macan S MY 2023
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

New lights under warranty for dead insects? Impressive.

A really rather large spider managed to crawl into the high level brake light on my last car (BMW), where it inconveniently curled up and died. I managed however to, by reference to a helpful Youtube video, work out how to safely disassemble and reassemable the plastic shrouding on the insider of the rear tailgate, which enabled me to access the lamp housing and remove the corpse.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

Wow! Thanks for the responses.

I wouldn't have even considered asking the OPC if it was covered, but will do that now. It makes sense to me that LED units would be sealed as the 'bulbs' aren't replaceable, but still 'wow!'

Won't be able to visit OPC until weekend, but will definitely ask the question and report on the response.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Before we bought our approved used S last month we noticed a dead spider in the o/s rear light. The sales manager said they'd try to blow it out with compressed air.

On collection the o/s light had been replaced before purchase.
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Has anyone successfully had the rear light bar changed under approved warrenty for this issue? My warrently is coming up for renewal in the next few months and noticed bugs are in my rear light cluster.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

My Gen2 came pre delivered with critter in rear light. Only spotted it when I got home. Still there two years later …
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose