My current favourite options.

The place to discuss everything else..
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:55 pm PDLS+ works well generally (we have it) but I have three gripes...

1/ After it's dipped it takes a while to go back to high beam on a dark road. This can bee speeded up by accelerating (I guess it senses the added danger) but that's not always desirable when you can't see where you're going.

2/ On a dual carriageway, dipped beam, truck approaching from the other direction, headlights will go to high beam as they can't see the oncoming truck's lights when behind a central reservation. Truck driver flashes. Happened again last night in the loan Macan.

3/ When the car wrongly goes to high beam, as above, you can't just pull the stalk to quickly get back to dipped. You have to push the stalk to get to 'non-auto' high beam and then you can pull it for dipped.
To be honest I haven’t yet seen my PDLS lights switch to high beam. I know they’re supposed to but I lack patience and I’ve always switched it manually before the car did. So you’re right about the slow response.

As an aside, one cheap option that gives me disproportionate joy is the fake aluminium look fuel filler cap. Looks great every time I refuel - it’s just nice that it isn’t plain black plastic.

Probably my least worthwhile, and not cheap, option is the extended leather. Purely personal, and I know many members feel it transforms the interior, but I don’t think it looks or feels any better than the standard textured soft plastic, which I liked just fine. But then I also preferred the standard seats because of the fabric inserts - more grippy and cooler, looked better to me too. I needed memory seats though so I was forced to have full leather. Maybe I’m just not a leather kind of guy. Fabric would likely have been warmer in the winter too (and cooler in the summer).

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

You don't need extended leather to get a leather dashboard, centre console, seats and arm rests. I got all of those things for £1K on mine, i.e. there is a half way house with the leather packages.

Isn't the filler cap only visible during the times you fill the car up? :)
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:46 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:55 pm

Probably my least worthwhile, and not cheap, option is the extended leather. Purely personal, and I know many members feel it transforms the interior, but I don’t think it looks or feels any better than the standard textured soft plastic, which I liked just fine. But then I also preferred the standard seats because of the fabric inserts - more grippy and cooler, looked better to me too. I needed memory seats though so I was forced to have full leather. Maybe I’m just not a leather kind of guy. Fabric would likely have been warmer in the winter too (and cooler in the summer).
Yes you are correct. I'm more than happy with the look and feel of the non-leather additions.

The Alcantara / RaceTex centres are indeed cooler in summer and warmer in winter than all leather seats. The heated seats also get up to temp. quicker too.

20200601_130441.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Skyway wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:39 pm Isn't the filler cap only visible during the times you fill the car up? :)
Exactly. It’s a nice surprise every time I open the flap to refuel.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:25 pm
Skyway wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:39 pm Isn't the filler cap only visible during the times you fill the car up? :)
Exactly. It’s a nice surprise every time I open the flap to refuel.
I’ve thought about getting one but as soon as I’ve forked out over £100 for V power fuel, I change my mind! 😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Just discovered on PDLS+, if you flick the stalk away to Auto high beam you have to push again for manual high beam then pull for low beam.
BUT, if you push rather than flick, i.e. push as far as the stalk will go to get into Auto high beam from low beam you can then just pull to low beam without a further push.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

DJMCUK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:50 pm Just discovered on PDLS+, if you flick the stalk away to Auto high beam you have to push again for manual high beam then pull for low beam.
BUT, if you push rather than flick, i.e. push as far as the stalk will go to get into Auto high beam from low beam you can then just pull to low beam without a further push.
I disabled Auto High Beam pretty quickly, it just did not switch fast enough.

Hopefully more modern Macan’s are better
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

I must be the only person who doesn't like Alcantara in cars. Fine for headlinings, perhaps. And I have nothing against suede for shoes or clothing. Just not car seats. My father had a series of big Lancias as company cars, one of which had an alcantara interior and it was horrible.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

I hate alcantara as well - especially on steering wheels.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:54 pm I hate alcantara as well - especially on steering wheels.
+1