Porsche Communication Management (PCM) problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
robbie

Post by robbie »

When I change the PCM screen content from say NAV to MEDIA (Using the touch display controls Main menu on the RH side) up pops the sub menu for my new selection, my finger is well away from the Options button, I then have to clear this to get the new screen content, this happened frequently since taking delivery back in March. My local OPC decided to do a soft reset of the PCM which they hoped might fix the problem. It happens less now but I still get the sub menu list of options on my new screen selection very occasionally. I can live with this until the first service but just thought I would ask to see if anyone else has suffered this anomaly with their PCM on the latest Gen3 Macan. Certainly didn't have or see this problem with my Gen2.............. Hopefully the OPC will fix this during the 1st service in Feb 2025
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

No I don't but there is a PCM setting to let you turn off the Proximity Sensor so that it will only react to an actual touch.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
robbie

Post by robbie »

This problem only happens when I touch the display control buttons to switch the PCM screen view from say NAV to MEDIA or visa versa............... it's got the OPC baffled as they tell me they have never seen this happen before!!
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018