Kwik Lift Jack

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

M30LEV wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:20 pm
MooseMiller wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:40 am Might I ask @M30LEV what you are intending to do with it? What tasks are you thinking of that you can't do with a jack and axle stands?
I have a track day car that I would use it for but as most people on here I like to keep my car clean and removing the wheels for a good clean would be good. Also my previous 2017 SD suffered from rear subframe rust this Jack would enable me to not only look after the top of the car but also the underneath seeing as the car will be a keeper. It would also be good to remove the engine undertray to change the oil on a yearly basis if I decide to go down this route although there are fors and againsts debated on this forum.
Fair points - keep safe fella

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I actually thought of these ramps also, mostly for cosmetic maintenance, when changing to winters etc.. That picture above is extreme, what I was looking at would only lift the car 24”.

But if doing a serious job under the car I’d likely have a secondary device of some sort. I’ve still not taken the plunge as it’s overkill for the few times a year I’d use them. But more than happy the basic design is safe (if used sensibly) if there was history of failure it would likely be all of over the net.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed