New prospective owner in Hampshire

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

DrRob wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:10 pm 18 way = too high a bolster for me.
Trying others soon. I'm only 7 days into this so not many test drives :? :roll:
Change the spec to 14-way for the time being. That's the one you're most likely to end up with, subject of course to the test drive in them.

What about PS+? Seems pointless perhaps but having driven both standard and Plus there is a good reason for Plus. It's a luxury, but then it's a luxury car.

I have PDLS+ and I'm not sold on the auto dipping thing IF that's what the Plus does there. Someone will advise...

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:31 pm
Change the spec to 14-way for the time being. That's the one you're most likely to end up with, subject of course to the test drive in them.

What about PS+? Seems pointless perhaps but having driven both standard and Plus there is a good reason for Plus. It's a luxury, but then it's a luxury car.

I have PDLS+ and I'm not sold on the auto dipping thing IF that's what the Plus does there. Someone will advise...
Yes the plus is automatic dipping function. I didn’t have it on the Macan but others have said it lags and slow to return to high beam etc.
I do however, have it on the 992 and it works flawlessly with instant changes between high and low beam. It’s worth bearing in mind that the 992 has the next level up of PCM software so not sure if the better performance is related to this? 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

TLDR - nice to have another person from Hampshire on the forum though :)

My 2 cents having had a Gen3 Macan for 18 months before selling it - the S if you can stretch to it will give you a lot more than the 2 which I had for 48hrs previously. The main place you will notice it is not 0-10mph where the T feels sprightly but 15-40mph where suddenly it feels sluggish compared with an S. you can also add the sports exhaust to the T but honestly it doesn’t compare to the stock exhaust sound on the S.

As for seats unless you have major back problems I had 8 way seats and was perfectly comfortable, they are more comfortable and supportive than 90% of cars out there but of course go sit in all types of you can and see what suits you.

Generally as far as gizmos go they are nice but the base car is nice by itself so go for the things you really want/need.

Lastly if there is a choice between Guildford and Portsmouth go for Guildford all day long even if it’s a longer trip!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Jon A wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:49 pm

Yes the plus is automatic dipping function. I didn’t have it on the Macan but others have said it lags and slow to return to high beam etc.
I do however, have it on the 992 and it works flawlessly with instant changes between high and low beam. It’s worth bearing in mind that the 992 has the next level up of PCM software so not sure if the better performance is related to this? 🤔
How is the C2 working out for you Jon? I’m on the verge of buying a C2 but keep seeing YouTube clips that claim you will be missing out if you don’t go for the T…
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

BanZ wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:29 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:49 pm

How is the C2 working out for you Jon? I’m on the verge of buying a C2 but keep seeing YouTube clips that claim you will be missing out if you don’t go for the T…
T is certainly more focused in terms of suspension and particularly if manual specified. However C2 is same engine and I wouldn’t want it even a little firmer! 😂
I absolutely love the thing. It’s by some distance the best car I’ve ever owned and is truly rapid - you can’t even use half it’s potential on the road so God knows what an S or GTS are like…
Get one with the right options and you will love it Banz 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

My T had the 8 way GTS seats,; very comfortable but on longer journeys would have like the vase to extend more under the thighs. My S has 18 way and are superbly comfy. The 2nd best seats I've had in a car. The best was in a Saab 9_5 LPT.
DrRob

Post by DrRob »

BanZ wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:28 pm TLDR - nice to have another person from Hampshire on the forum though :)

My 2 cents having had a Gen3 Macan for 18 months before selling it - the S if you can stretch to it will give you a lot more than the 2 which I had for 48hrs previously. The main place you will notice it is not 0-10mph where the T feels sprightly but 15-40mph where suddenly it feels sluggish compared with an S. you can also add the sports exhaust to the T but honestly it doesn’t compare to the stock exhaust sound on the S.

As for seats unless you have major back problems I had 8 way seats and was perfectly comfortable, they are more comfortable and supportive than 90% of cars out there but of course go sit in all types of you can and see what suits you.

Generally as far as gizmos go they are nice but the base car is nice by itself so go for the things you really want/need.

Lastly if there is a choice between Guildford and Portsmouth go for Guildford all day long even if it’s a longer trip!
Thanks for the help from Hampshire! :D
Off to Guildford and Brooklands next week for some "S" test drives ;)

Post by Neil1911 »

DrRob wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:16 am Thanks for the help from Hampshire! :D
It'll be interesting to hear if they:
  • are expecting you;
  • are ready for;
  • how long they keep you waiting.
Hopefully, yes, yes and 1 cappuccino! Sheffield were always poor, Stockport far better, acceptable but not perfect.
Last edited by Neil1911 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:40 am
DrRob wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:16 am Thanks for the help from Hampshire! :D
It'll be interesting to hear if they:
  • are expecting you;
  • are ready for;
  • how long they keep you waiting.
Hopefully, yes, yes and 1 cappuccino! Sheffield were always poor, Stockport far better acceptable .but not perfect.
Have to say, Reading OPC were spot on. 1 latte while they sorted driving licence etc then off we go, right on schedule. Same each of three visits

At the end of the day though, they're not the worst places in the world to wait around for a bit :)
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Guildford undergoing major redevelopment. Only a 1 car show room but still serving coffee. Was there 4 weeks ago and they were still on time and attentive despite that.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)