Type of glass used in sunroof

All your ordering information here!
zzed

Post by zzed »

Hi everyone,

I don't think this has been discussed previously, I am considering to add acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass option, but I can't seem to find anywhere discussing what kind of glass the sunroof is using, if it is just regular glass, wouldn't I have to spec regular roof to take full advantage of the special glass?

Many thanks in advance

andreas

Post by andreas »

The acoustically insulated privacy glass option only includes the rear side windows and the rear screen.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

andreas wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:09 pm The acoustically insulated privacy glass option only includes the rear side windows and the rear screen.
You are right about the “privacy” bit but pretty sure the laminated acoustic glass is all windows?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:38 pm
You are right about the “privacy” bit but pretty sure the laminated acoustic glass is all windows?
Difficult to tell, really, so probably needs an OPC to confirm. The confuserator has "Thermally and noise insulated glass" at £766, "Privacy glass" at £366 and "Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass" at £1152. If you add the prices of the first two options, you get more or less exactly the price of the third option. The description of "Thermally and noise insulated glass" says it's laminated construction, as does the description of "Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass". The description for "Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass" also says "Privacy tinted glass from B-pillar rearwards." So I'd guess that both options include insulated glass for all 4 side windows.

Back to the original question about the pano roof, I believe this is a standard construction regardless of other options selected.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

The front windows are acoustic glass as well.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

andreas wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:13 pm
Difficult to tell, really, so probably needs an OPC to confirm. The confuserator has "Thermally and noise insulated glass" at £766, "Privacy glass" at £366 and "Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass" at £1152. If you add the prices of the first two options, you get more or less exactly the price of the third option. The description of "Thermally and noise insulated glass" says it's laminated construction, as does the description of "Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass". The description for "Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass" also says "Privacy tinted glass from B-pillar rearwards." So I'd guess that both options include insulated glass for all 4 side windows.

Back to the original question about the pano roof, I believe this is a standard construction regardless of other options selected.
Yes I think the sunroof is already much thicker and acoustically laminated anyway - even more so with the blind shut! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:27 pm
andreas wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:13 pm

Yes I think the sunroof is already much thicker and acoustically laminated anyway - even more so with the blind shut! 😂
Yes, very true - just shut the blind :D
GWL

Post by GWL »

The things some people worry about 🙄
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Wouldn’t wanna suppress the sound my Macan makes in any way 😁
Macan S MY 2023
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

I have it together with pan roof - I haven’t noticed any greater sound coming through the roof so wouldn’t worry

It’s a great option for long journeys - much more relaxing and can hear the sound system properly