How to Upload Photos

Forum suggestions, help and advice
goron59

Post by goron59 »

iPhone/iPad only:

The forum software uses the name of the file you upload and iPhone/iPad uses the same name, so you can only upload one picture.

I generally upload from my computer, to avoid this, but if you have a Google account too, you can "open" your photo in Google Drive, rename it, then use Chrome browser to post from there to the forum.

OTOH, if you save to Google Drive, you could link the file directly here :)

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

iPhone/iPad only:

The forum software uses the name of the file you upload and iPhone/iPad uses the same name, so you can only upload one picture.

Does this apply to a Mac as well. I posted the photos of my last two cars using my Windows computer but I now have all Apple gear.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

iPhone/iPad only:

Does this apply to a Mac as well. I posted the photos of my last two cars using my Windows computer but I now have all Apple gear.

No, on the Mac, you're probably uploading from Photos and it uses the underlying filename, which [should] be unique. But one thing you can do is drag your picture to the desktop and rename it there. Makes it easier to spot the file in the forum file manager too :)
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

iPhone/iPad only:

No, on the Mac, you're probably uploading from Photos and it uses the underlying filename, which [should] be unique. But one thing you can do is drag your picture to the desktop and rename it there. Makes it easier to spot the file in the forum file manager too :)

Right, got it now, thank you Goron59Clap
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

This was a pic that the dealer took on his I phone ...
Although I rotated it and saved it in different aspects it just wanted to show it wrong.
Apart from that there was an error message popping up saying the server could not handle the pix even though it did.

Anyway all sorted in the end.
Its just a problem with me and tecky things. Not to worry, but cheers!
Macan S Diesel Sapphire Blue, Red Devil interior
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJ7CL24 taken delivery 19th March 2016
Pix in Gallery
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Question

Can an Android device upload images?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Yes. The photo upload is just a normal html upload form. If the android web browser has access to your photo files/camera, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

I can't see the green tree icon?
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Hedgehog, press reply or quote if you want to reply to a particular post instead of quick reply. You should see the green tree then..........hopefully.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Thanks Andy

that's spot on!
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)