Order lockdown advice!

All your ordering information here!
JDF999

Post by JDF999 »

Hey folks, allocation confirmed and final lockdown meeting on Thursday - came a bit quicker than I had planned!

Originally was planning papaya orange build....

htt/s:..conpguratorm/orschemco-./orsche£code.PRY3QPB5

Now having crisis of confidence and thinking something slightly more classic and classy might be better, Dolomite silver, however struggling with options

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR4B59V2

Questions:
- I would the full leather option for seats with the perforated leather look. Either 8 or 18 way not quite decided.
- I want to have red leather stitching inside, but I do NOT want - Red seatbelts and Red "GTS" on the headrests - it's just too much red for me! Prefer understated.
- I cant seem to get this combination using the standard configurator!!
- There's extended leather options in Papaya / Blue etc but the only way to get red is with the "GTS" options which puts red everywhere on belts/head rests etc.
- If you go further down the configurator there are options for deviated stitching in red under "interior trim" but it's a different red - guards red and doesn't give a "black extended leather" without it being smooth!!

So annoying, why not just have a standard red stitching option with the normal seats? Am I missing something????

Any thoughts on the 2 choices welcome!!

Thanks, JDF
UK Emergency Doctor
2024 Macan GTS
Dolomite Silver
CODE: PRIJCSM5

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

JDF999 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:26 pm Hey folks, allocation confirmed and final lockdown meeting on Thursday - came a bit quicker than I had planned!

Now having crisis of confidence and thinking something slightly more classic and classy might be better, Dolomite silver, however struggling with options

Questions:
- I would the full leather option for seats with the perforated leather look. Either 8 or 18 way not quite decided.
- I want to have red leather stitching inside, but I do NOT want - Red seatbelts and Red "GTS" on the headrests - it's just too much red for me! Prefer understated.
- There's extended leather options in Papaya / Blue etc but the only way to get red is with the "GTS" options which puts red everywhere on belts/head rests etc.
- If you go further down the configurator there are options for deviated stitching in red under "interior trim" but it's a different red - guards red and doesn't give a "black extended leather" without it being smooth!!

So annoying, why not just have a standard red stitching option with the normal seats? Am I missing something????

Thanks, JDF
What's your reason for substituting the GTS suspension for standard spec ?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
RGS

Post by RGS »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:07 pm
JDF999 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:26 pm Hey folks, allocation confirmed and final lockdown meeting on Thursday - came a bit quicker than I had planned!

Questions:

Thanks, JDF
Standard Air suspension gives a softer ride, more suited to our UK roads
SC85

Post by SC85 »

My thoughts, worth nothing to anyone other than me, is go for the papaya. Silver is pretty bland on these to me (sorry to anyone who owns silver).

Not sure of the resale appeal of silver - 208 2022 onward macans on autotrader, only 6 in silver.

I have the perforated leather with 18 ways, love it. Personally, with sides deflated it gives a great blend between comfort and sportiness.

I’m 6’1, 100kg and 38, can imagine if shorter/older or larger (I’m heavy but relatively sporty), it may loose its appeal. I do use the auto move back when opening door feature, which makes getting in/out easier with the 18 way, but this wouldn’t really work if you regularly had a passenger behind you.
2022 Macan S - Night Blue
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

RGS wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:36 pm

Questions:

Thanks, JDF
Standard Air suspension gives a softer ride, more suited to our UK roads
You've test driven with/without then?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

No point ordering a GTS to take away the GTS specific suspension imho.

In comfort setting it's perfectly set up for UK roads for touring, and sport setting is great for pressing on and again is fine on UK roads imho.

Sports+ gets a bit too stiff, but you won't find yourself in that setting much.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:43 pm No point ordering a GTS to take away the GTS specific suspension imho.

In comfort setting it's perfectly set up for UK roads for touring, and sport setting is great for pressing on and again is fine on UK roads imho.

Sports+ gets a bit too stiff, but you won't find yourself in that setting much.
Tend to agree with Plyphon here. I can see why some might want 14w seats on a GTS but to remove the suspension element is making it an S with a few more horses. Having said that, I had an S with air and I really don’t think the difference is all that great having driven several GTS’s since.
The suspension is one of a very few features that are unique to the GTS and would seem odd to delete it?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Porsche are aways screwing with Options, it is just the way it is.

The two most important inclusions and you omit them.

Add either 14 or 18 way seats, and a Spare.

Have you not seen this?

IMG_0849.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
crockers

Post by crockers »

Well I had a Silver T. This had the same suspension to the GTS. I now have a Papaya S.
Both had air.
Both my wife and I prefer the Papaya over the Dolomite.
I prefer the suspension set up on the S to that of the T.
The T had 8 way GTS sports seats the S has 18 way. I'd go 18 way over 8 every day.

That's just my opinion though and at the end of the day it has to be what YOU prefer.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Questions:

Thanks, JDF
Is it standard PASM he's changed to, from Air PASM?
That would be best for comfort but may hurt resale as most GTS used buyers expect Air.
Air PASM "bobbles" about compared to standard PASM. Few GTS buyers are brave enough, or don't know, to switch away from it.