New potential owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

Hi, looking to join the Porsche family with a Macan.

Initially I decided on a Macan S (without a test drive) however having played around on the configurator (a lot) I am leaning towards a GTS in Copper Ruby metallic. https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRRRMCB4

If I’m honest I was looking at 70k on an S but this seems a better choice.

Good to get feedback on the differences between the two models and options.

Thanks.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Love this minimal spec really nice. There’s a couple of very cheap but useful additions you might consider though - power steering plus and seat memory package I think would enhance your experience
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Don't decide on colour without seeing it in the metal and actually on a Macan. Apart from "testing" any options you're fine without a test drive the driving experience is a given, not so CRM. Seeing a Macan with it changed my choice.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

Thanks, good points already. Wife prefers CRM to papaya 🤔
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 pm Love this minimal spec really nice. There’s a couple of very cheap but useful additions you might consider though - power steering plus and seat memory package I think would enhance your experience
ExV8 - Liking your spec but Jon’s suggestions are a good shout and in the spirit of your choices.

The aluminium petrol cap seems an odd (if inexpensive) choice since the only time you see it is when filling up.

I really like CRM when it’s in bright conditions as the colour really shows through, but ultimately dismissed it when I saw it on a dull day when it looked very dark. But if dark is your thing, it is a rarer sight than most of the colour options and for that reason a good thing (IMO).
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

Include:-
14/18 way seats
Spare wheel
PS+

Omit:-
Fuel filler cap.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
dammitjanet

Post by dammitjanet »

ExV8 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:33 pm. Wife prefers CRM to papaya 🤔
Same here
Macan T in Copper Ruby Metallic - Porsche Code: PREQZZZ8
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

For me, I’d add the spare wheel.

Have a sit in some different seats. The 18 way seats are brilliant.

Also, I’d get rid of the gloss black trim. It is very very shiny and reflects badly. We had a demo car on a sunny day, and my other half spent quite some time with her hand in front of her, stopping the reflection dazzling her.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 pm Love this minimal spec really nice. There’s a couple of very cheap but useful additions you might consider though - power steering plus and seat memory package I think would enhance your experience
Agree. The joy of Porsche is to add exactly what YOU want.

Colour is personal and subjective. You need to see and drive Macan GTSs and experience the options. Do take extended test drives - ideally 2-hours plus.

Once your deposit is paid, you will get an invatation to the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone.

I have the gloss black trim and never experienced any issuse in my two Macans. Not needed auto dipping mirrors with Privacy glass. I love the 8-way GTS seats with Alcantara trim. You benefit from the seat memory package IF more than one person is to drive your GTS. Nice to have PS+ as it only functions at parking speeds and these are big wheeels to turn from rest.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Seat memory - even if you’re the only driver, every time it goes near Porsche, tyre fitter etc it’s useful to get back to your normal driving position, especially as the seats seem almost infinitely adjustable.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)