New potential owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

2japs wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:28 pm

IMO if you have privacy glass you don’t need auto dimming, I’ve never even used the manual dimming.
We have privacy glass and manual dimming RVM.

I noticed, when driving two loan Macans with auto-dim for a week each, that I was still dazzled when in auto-dimmed mode. I found out the first was auto-dimmed when I reached up to dim the already auto-dimmed mirror. Both had privacy glass.

In other words... With privacy glass manual dim, when dimmed, gives a proper dim. Auto-dim doesn't dim sufficiently.

Auto-dim does dim the door mirrors. That's a plus or minus depending on your preference.

Just my take on it

andreas

Post by andreas »

I don't think auto-dim mirrors are needed on the Macan as the driver's eye level is high enough to avoid most dazzle.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:46 pm I don't think auto-dim mirrors are needed on the Macan as the driver's eye level is high enough to avoid most dazzle.
I'm 6' 1" but I do have the (14 way) seat at the lowest setting. I get dazzle.

Depends on these two factors.
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

This is all about personal choice, but for what it's worth:

Both of us fine the 18 way seats very comfortable. One 6', one 5'4". Air suspension set on low (on an S) might be helping with getting over the side bolster.

Looked at CRM - very much dark brown on a dull day which wasn't for us, although stunning on bright sunshine. Went for Papaya in the end on the basis that it was the only colour that we at least liked in all conditions, and loved in some.

Don't have PS+ and neither of us sees the need for it (on 20s) having had the car for a while now. Worth noting that test drives and PEC experiences have shown us that getting the steering wheel position right makes a huge difference to how heavy (or not) it feels.

+1 for heated steering wheel.
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

Thanks for all the feedback. Colour is looking quite marmite and while I am looking to keep for a few years could well limit the resale.
ALooS

Post by ALooS »

Be warned buying a Porsche has lots of caveats like having to use god awful lying dealerships to maintain warranty, having to pay additional premium for tyres because they have to have specific N ratings, generally having to wait ages for a dealership to repair anything especially in the south east because the network is so small and just the overall being looked down on as some kind of peasant. Driving a Porsche is fun until something goes wrong - then watch how Porsche will treat you.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Agree that they are expensive to buy and expensive to own but never been poorly treated. In fact quite the opposite, guess it depends where you are located.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Jobs at an Indy with OEM parts is fine for warranty.

Brake discs, pads, and the like.

I'd still have standard servicing at an OPC though.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:51 am Jobs at an Indy with OEM parts is fine for warranty.

Brake discs, pads, and the like.

I'd still have standard servicing at an OPC though.
That’s what I was thinking of doing
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

ALooS wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 pm Be warned buying a Porsche has lots of caveats like having to use god awful lying dealerships to maintain warranty, having to pay additional premium for tyres because they have to have specific N ratings, generally having to wait ages for a dealership to repair anything especially in the south east because the network is so small and just the overall being looked down on as some kind of peasant. Driving a Porsche is fun until something goes wrong - then watch how Porsche will treat you.
I had some issues with the 6 year old Macan Turbo I ran for 8 months last year plus also had to replace discs and pads in my ownership. Reading OPC were very responsive and good to deal with, so I don’t recognise the experience above.

But I have had poor customer service from my local BMW dealer on the servicing side, to the extent that I would get my cars maintained by the next nearest BMW dealer (Sytner!) even though I continued to buy most of my BMW’s from my local dealer.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo