Miami Blue

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
fidlerbird

Post by fidlerbird »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and quite new to Porsche. Currently have a Cayenne but looking at trading it in and thinking of buy an ex demonstrator in Miami Blue. I love it but the salesman, doesn't think the resell will be very good as it's such a "marmite" colour on a Macan. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of resell please?

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Fewer people may like Miami Blue but then there are fewer Miami Blue cars around to buy 2nd hand.

How long has the one you're looking at been up for sale?

I noticed one last October when looking, but quickly moved on to a sensible colour.

If you really like it I guess someone else will also. Or... follow the herd and buy dull black or grey... oh, hang on... then yours will be one of dozens for sale in those colours when you come to sell...

:o
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Being a cynical old sod, I question the SE's motive in trying to put you off the ex demonstrator. Yes Miami Blue is a marmite colour and it certainly stands out "in the flesh" on a Macan. On the other hand, depending on how long you plan to keep the car, who knows what colours will be popular in a few years time.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. Not much of a salesperson!?

What are they trying to sell you instead of the Miami Blue Macan?

And welcome to our friendly forum. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
andreas

Post by andreas »

On-Track wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:58 pm On the other hand, depending on how long you plan to keep the car, who knows what colours will be popular in a few years time.
But I think we can be fairly confident that Miami Blue won't be one of them!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

It’s all Porsche drivel!!
Just been talking about this in another group and some facts on colour vs sales were published (I think by Porsche USA). It showed that racing yellow 911’s took a little longer than most to sell but gained the highest price. Green 911’s also took a little longer but commanded the lowest price, with everything somewhere on the graph in between.
There was only a matter of a few days in selling time and only a matter of a couple hundred dollars in price, so really not much in it at all.
I imagine Macan will be similar so if you like it, buy it and dare to be different 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
fidlerbird

Post by fidlerbird »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm +1. Not much of a salesperson!?

What are they trying to sell you instead of the Miami Blue Macan?

And welcome to our friendly forum. :)
It's a choice between the Miami blue and the Papaya. Both ex demonstrators and similar price. I have a slot for a new build in March but I have lost so much on my current car I was looking at not brand new this time. Will probably have it about 18 months I would think
fidlerbird

Post by fidlerbird »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:58 pm Fewer people may like Miami Blue but then there are fewer Miami Blue cars around to buy 2nd hand.

How long has the one you're looking at been up for sale?

I noticed one last October when looking, but quickly moved on to a sensible colour.

If you really like it I guess someone else will also. Or... follow the herd and buy dull black or grey... oh, hang on... then yours will be one of dozens for sale in those colours when you come to sell...

:o
I'm not sure how long they've had it for sale as I've only just started looking, thank you :)
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Love Miami blue and now being a PTS colour I think will be desirable and in low numbers. Proper stand out colour.

But, buy the car for you, not the next owner.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Well, it's not like Papaya isn't also something of a marmite colour!? But probably the one I'd have over Miami Blue if that was the choice as it is that bit less "in yer face". I'm not against very bright blue per se - I had a Nogaro Blue Audi S3 many moons ago, but that was a smaller car and I personally think really sudden shades work best on smaller cars.

I do actually know someone who has a Miami Blue Gen 2 S, bought second-hand from a dealer, but on the other hand he's not yet tried to sell it on.

I do get buy for you, not the next owner - my last car had seats in a colour that BMW called "Cognac" but more than one unkind friend called "currysh*t brown". I was tempted by Agate for the interior of my GTS now that they discontinued the Espresso brown option, but the salesman virtually had a heart attack when I suggested it, inferring that it was residual death.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper