OPC Build checker

All your ordering information here!
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

My Macan GTS is due to hit the build line this week I was wondering if the OPC can check the status of their orders on their system. VIN numbers etc. I was going to give them a call next week or should I wait till they call me with an update.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

M30LEV wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:52 pm My Macan GTS is due to hit the build line this week I was wondering if the OPC can check the status of their orders on their system. VIN numbers etc. I was going to give them a call next week or should I wait till they call me with an update.
If you wait for them, it might just be a call to arrange collection!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
dammitjanet

Post by dammitjanet »

M30LEV wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:52 pm My Macan GTS is due to hit the build line this week I was wondering if the OPC can check the status of their orders on their system. VIN numbers etc. I was going to give them a call next week or should I wait till they call me with an update.
They definitely can, mines gained a week and is now due first week in March since the build slot was locked in early Jan.

I ask my OPC the status every 2 weeks currently, but mid-Feb that'll increase to once a week I think until it leaves the factory
Macan T in Copper Ruby Metallic - Porsche Code: PREQZZZ8
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Years back I ordered a new BMW motorbike. Once you had a VIN allocated you could follow it's progress through the queue. Even where in the queue you were so you could estimate how many were being built each day and therefore how many days until production. You could then follow progress through production to delivery. Simple, bit nerdy, but great for adding to the excitement :)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:27 am
If you wait for them, it might just be a call to arrange collection!
That’s what happened to me with my first Macan apart from a call a couple of weeks before, I was on holiday in Tenerife and excitedly asked is the call to make appointment for pick when I returned, but no it was to arrange to see SE to talk about Gap/ Wheel/ Tyresnd dent insurance zzzzzz
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

This period from build to delivery is the hardest wait. It takes a lot longer than you expect for the car to be put on a ship in Emden, unload in UK, complete pre-delivery inspection, and get onto a truck to the dealer. With my recent purchase the salesman emailed me every Monday to inform me where the car was - and they can access this information - but each step takes time and the timings are not in the salesman’s control. The build itself and transfer to Emden was all quite quick, but that’s only the start. For me it was a full month from build completion to collection, and there were no particular delays anywhere.

So I’d guess you can anticipate receiving your car around the 3rd or 4th week of February.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Factory Compound once built to the OPC can be in the range 7 - 60 days.

Zero point chasing the SE or getting excited, it will arrive when it arrives.

I knew the commencement of build date and collected from the OPC 13 days later, so very lucky.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Moriarty wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:35 am This period from build to delivery is the hardest wait. It takes a lot longer than you expect for the car to be put on a ship in Emden, unload in UK, complete pre-delivery inspection, and get onto a truck to the dealer. With my recent purchase the salesman emailed me every Monday to inform me where the car was - and they can access this information - but each step takes time and the timings are not in the salesman’s control. The build itself and transfer to Emden was all quite quick, but that’s only the start. For me it was a full month from build completion to collection, and there were no particular delays anywhere.

So I’d guess you can anticipate receiving your car around the 3rd or 4th week of February.
My spec was locked in end of November.
Build in Factory started exactly today.
By earliest calculation, the car would arrive at the dealer at minmum 4th week feb.
OPC has in their system arrival week 1 march on new 24 plate.

Like moriarity says, once build completes then to Emden.. logistics and admin will add min 3-5 weeks…..

I will believe it really, when OPC says its with us finally :p
:)
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Monaco2323 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:43 pm
Moriarty wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:35 am This period from build to delivery is the hardest wait. It takes a lot longer than you expect for the car to be put on a ship in Emden, unload in UK, complete pre-delivery inspection, and get onto a truck to the dealer. With my recent purchase the salesman emailed me every Monday to inform me where the car was - and they can access this information - but each step takes time and the timings are not in the salesman’s control. The build itself and transfer to Emden was all quite quick, but that’s only the start. For me it was a full month from build completion to collection, and there were no particular delays anywhere.

By earliest calculation, the car would arrive at the dealer at minmum 4th week feb.

Like moriarity says, once build completes then to Emden.. logistics and admin will add min 3-5 weeks…..

Yeah, and the OPC doesn’t know when the car will arrive until the day it is loaded onto a truck to be delivered to them. They can track progress but that’s about all.
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Moriarty wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:49 pm
Monaco2323 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:43 pm

Yeah, and the OPC doesn’t know when the car will arrive until the day it is loaded onto a truck to be delivered to them. They can track progress but that’s about all.
Soooo much stress mate :mrgreen:
Its killing me hahahahah
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT