2016 Macan S issues after new Transfer Case Install!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Ryanvhenriksen

Post by Ryanvhenriksen »

Hi All! First post here! I have a 2016 Macan S that had shudder issues under acceleration but would run perfect when disconnecting the harness to the transfer case temporarily disabling AWD, hence needing a new transfer case. Yesterday. I received and installed the new transfer case, and swapped the electronic component to the new transfer case so no coding would be required. Installed, filled with fluid, and now I have a new set of issues! No codes or anything at all using my Autel Maxisys Ultra Scantool. Now, when driving, there is no acceleration shudder like the other transfer case had, but instead while Turning right or left, going forwards or backwards, it feels like the car is locking up completely and that’s not even doing close to a full turn. If I accelerate with steering wheel locked I feel like the wheels are going to snap off the vehicle! Does this mean I received a bad manufactured transfer case, or could it perhaps be due to the reinstallation of the driveshaft? I feel like I did everything perfect with the R&R l. Thanks

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Good luck on finding anyone who can diagnose online.

Assuming you don't want a £5k bill from an OPC. IMO your only option is to take it to an indy.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

TBH without knowing the full operation you’ve carried out, including the self diagnostic. It could be anything. But if you’ve driven it without the full AWD being operational, it could be that the system doesn’t like what you’ve done, and the AWD electronic system is at fault.
fernandofernando

Post by fernandofernando »

I registered here today to get in touch here. I have exactly the same problem with my Macan and unfortunately there is no workshop nearby that can program my vehicle except the Porsche Center but they want €300 for it. Please keep me updated if you've been able to solve your problem or if it's really just the programming, because then I'll probably have to pay the €300. Thanks
sacha.d

Post by sacha.d »

I’m not sure on Porsche but bmw you would usually read out the old data from the transfer case then fit the new one then re-adapt it with the old settings, if there is no communication you usually can enter a number of the plate into diagnostics and re-adapt that way,

The other fault I have seen that can cause the feeling you describe is a wheel speed sensor fault. I would suggest a visit to an Indy just to ensure you don’t damage your new transfer case
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

OP, when you say YOU installed it... did you do it yourself?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:29 am OP, when you say YOU installed it... did you do it yourself?
Seemed crystal clear to me!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP