Unable to find source

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Ok. Something that has recently happened.

I play music files through an SD card. Everything great until a couple weeks ago. You play a file and it just says "Unable to find source" and the file name is not shown, and you can't fast forward or anything.

Done the obligatory take it out and put it in again. File now shows. But as soon as you switch everything off, it goes back to can's find source.

Anyone else had this issue?

andreas

Post by andreas »

Does it do the same with a different SD card?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

andreas wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:34 pm Does it do the same with a different SD card?
I only have the one SD card. Was wanting to avoid having to buy another one if it's the infotainment that needs rebooting or something.

It showed up the music files yesterday while we were out driving. Then after we'd parked up and got back in to go home, it couldn't find the source again. Annoying.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I have a similar snag with my iPod. It will play ok for some time. Then I on rare occasions get in and it won’t play. Search the source, and the iPod option has gone. The only way back is to stop, disconnect the device physically, wait a minute or two, snd reconnect it. And it will then work fine, until it may happen a week or so later. So frustrating.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Don’t be a skinflint!

A 64Gb is only £10.

In seven years my SD cards periodically throw a wobbler.

I have to re-format them and re-install the music.

The cr4p Porsche Infotainment does write some files related to the SD card content so anything can and does happen.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:41 pm In seven years my SD cards periodically throw a wobbler.

I have to re-format them and re-install the music.

The cr4p Porsche Infotainment does write some files related to the SD card content so anything can and does happen.
Glad you mentioned that, I've just ripped by CDs direct to a new SD as FLAC files. A backup may be in order! 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP