New Member - Can sports chrono be retrofit?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bull

Post by Bull »

Hi All,

Just bought our first Porsche Macan s in miami blue 2022 coming from an audi. Unfortunately the macan didnt come with sport chrono and wondering if it can be retrofit?

I saw on another forum a company selling retrofit kits and steering wheels. Has anyone tried this kit available?
Last edited by Bull on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Yes and No.

It depends upon the year of the car, but the Porsche Tequipment website will give you all the available retrofit parts and accessories.

A retrofit Sports Chrono does not give the full monty, it basically gives the Sport + mode, launch control and that is it, no dial.

In reality SC does not do much for any older Macan, it gives a fraction of a second decrease in the 0-60 time.

Non Porsche fitments will invalidate any Porsche extended warranty.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bull

Post by Bull »

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry should of added that its a Gen lll.
crockers

Post by crockers »

There’s a firm in NZ that sell the parts plus a gadget that allows it to be fully SC as per a factory fitted one with the dial showing. Just no clock. All the parts are Porsche OEM except the electrical module. No coding is needed. I’m enquiring if it would affect my warranty but haven’t yet got an answer.
Bull

Post by Bull »

crockers wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:39 am There’s a firm in NZ that sell the parts plus a gadget that allows it to be fully SC as per a factory fitted one with the dial showing. Just no clock. All the parts are Porsche OEM except the electrical module. No coding is needed. I’m enquiring if it would affect my warranty but haven’t yet got an answer.
Yes I have been speaking to Raymond via whatsapp about this retrofit and was wonderIng if anyone in the UK had done this yet?
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

My Gen 3 doesn't have SC and if I was speccing a new car I doubt very much if I would include SC in lieu of a few other "nice to have" options.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:53 am My Gen 3 doesn't have SC and if I was speccing a new car I doubt very much if I would include SC in lieu of a few other "nice to have" options.
Must admit I hardly ever use it and wouldn’t spec it from new( probably) 😗
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
andreas

Post by andreas »

Bull wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 pm

Just bought our first Porsche Macan s in miami blue 2022 coming from an audi. Unfortunately the macan didnt come with sport chrono and wondering if it can be retrofit?
I wouldn't consider any non-Porsche retrofit on a 2022 car; you'll invalidate the new car warranty.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Why do you want SC?

To get a little knob on the steering wheel?

Or are you tracking it?
Bull

Post by Bull »

andreas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:08 am
Bull wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 pm

I wouldn't consider any non-Porsche retrofit on a 2022 car; you'll invalidate the new car warranty.
They offer a genuine gt steering wheel with the SC coded in. Better steering wheel as well