Macan ICE expiry

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Possibly not set in stone OR previously unknown but I found it interesting. An article from this month's Porsche Post:

20240204_152647.jpg

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Yes - that's what I heard from an OPC yesterday. Definitely until end of 24 and possibly into early 25
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

AUTOCAR state:

"The electric Macan will be sold alongside the petrol-powered version until the end of 2025, when the line-up will become exclusively electric."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... n-electric
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Thanks Steve. If that's the case it's great news from my pov as it should hopefully be possible to buy a final ICE model at the end of next year by which time my current one will be 4 years old
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Let’s see who can attack the motorist most, and what devisive mechanisms can we use.
Haven’t Paris just voted to charge SUV,s parking there, 4 times the cost of a normal vehicle.
If the lefties get their way, and vehicles are totally eradicated from the roads. Should they not stop to think where the revenue stream will come from, that replaces the loss of tax the Governments receive from the car industry in general.
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 am Let’s see who can attack the motorist most, and what devisive mechanisms can we use.
Haven’t Paris just voted to charge SUV,s parking there, 4 times the cost of a normal vehicle.
If the lefties get their way, and vehicles are totally eradicated from the roads. Should they not stop to think where the revenue stream will come from, that replaces the loss of tax the Governments receive from the car industry in general.
Living in London, I do worry about what that incompetent Mayor of ours will have in store for us if/when he gets reelected. We already have punitive parking rates in certain areas for diesels. I can definitely see the war on the SUV coming.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
2japs

Post by 2japs »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:32 am Thanks Steve. If that's the case it's great news from my pov as it should hopefully be possible to buy a final ICE model at the end of next year by which time my current one will be 4 years old
Thinking along those lines myself 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Paul1970 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am
TheTraveller wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 am Let’s see who can attack the motorist most, and what devisive mechanisms can we use.
Living in London, I do worry about what that incompetent Mayor of ours will have in store for us if/when he gets reelected. We already have punitive parking rates in certain areas for diesels. I can definitely see the war on the SUV coming.
As I read it the rationale is that heavy SUVs damage the roads more and also being larger/taller vehicles, they are also more dangerous.

Like most EVs then.

Oh what? They’re exempt!
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Income Tax. Council Tax. VAT …. The list will be long
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

PJV997 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:09 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am
As I read it the rationale is that heavy SUVs damage the roads more and also being larger/taller vehicles, they are also more dangerous.

Like most EVs then.

Oh what? They’re exempt!
Until they’ve forced everyone into EV’s, yes. Then they’ll tax them to death too.