Macan ICE expiry

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
jonpinky

Post by jonpinky »

PJV997 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:09 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am
TheTraveller wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 am Let’s see who can attack the motorist most, and what devisive mechanisms can we use.
Haven’t Paris just voted to charge SUV,s parking there, 4 times the cost of a normal vehicle.
If the lefties get their way, and vehicles are totally eradicated from the roads. Should they not stop to think where the revenue stream will come from, that replaces the loss of tax the Governments receive from the car industry in general.
Living in London, I do worry about what that incompetent Mayor of ours will have in store for us if/when he gets reelected. We already have punitive parking rates in certain areas for diesels. I can definitely see the war on the SUV coming.
As I read it the rationale is that heavy SUVs damage the roads more and also being larger/taller vehicles, they are also more dangerous.

Like most EVs then.

Oh what? They’re exempt!
And if the press is to be believed there is about to be a VAT reduction for EVs too - just as I've locked down my order too :roll:
Macan GTS (April 2024) - PRHFCP21

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 am Let’s see who can attack the motorist most, and what devisive mechanisms can we use.
Haven’t Paris just voted to charge SUV,s parking there, 4 times the cost of a normal vehicle.
If the lefties get their way, and vehicles are totally eradicated from the roads. Should they not stop to think where the revenue stream will come from, that replaces the loss of tax the Governments receive from the car industry in general.
Horse shit.
Phil.C

Post by Phil.C »

The EV is turning out to be a white elephant. Private sales going through the floor, fleet sales high due to tax incentives how long will that last, issues over range and charging during the recent cold spell as mentioned on the BBC News for 'one bullitin only', Hertz off loading 20000 EV's due to high maintenance cost and so it goes on. Until these lentil eating librals get their heads out of the sand we are doomed. And relax...............
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:28 pm
Haven’t Paris just voted to charge SUVs parking there, 4 times the cost of a normal vehicle.
Horse shit.
While the roses love it, there'll never be enough of it at a price sufficient to replace motor taxes.
On the Paris charge, I noted that they are applying it to EVs too, anything over 1.6 ton(ne)s.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
jonpinky

Post by jonpinky »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:55 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:28 pm
Haven’t Paris just voted to charge SUVs parking there, 4 times the cost of a normal vehicle.
Horse shit.
While the roses love it, there'll never be enough of it at a price sufficient to replace motor taxes.
On the Paris charge, I noted that they are applying it to EVs too, anything over 1.6 ton(ne)s.
Your right - so that is pretty much all EV's isn't it? Can't be many cars, especially EV's under 1.6 tonnes.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

jonpinky wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:42 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am

Living in London, I do worry about what that incompetent Mayor of ours will have in store for us if/when he gets reelected. We already have punitive parking rates in certain areas for diesels. I can definitely see the war on the SUV coming.
As I read it the rationale is that heavy SUVs damage the roads more and also being larger/taller vehicles, they are also more dangerous.

Like most EVs then.

Oh what? They’re exempt!
And if the press is to be believed there is about to be a VAT reduction for EVs too - just as I've locked down my order too :roll:
Don't worry VAT is charged at the rate on the date of the invoice, not the order.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
jonpinky

Post by jonpinky »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:59 pm
jonpinky wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:42 pm

Like most EVs then.

Oh what? They’re exempt!
Don't worry VAT is charged at the rate on the date of the invoice, not the order.
Ah sorry, was meaning I’ve ordered a GTS, if the Turbo EV had a 20% discount I may have waited (but maybe not).
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

[/quote]

[/quote]

That'll really put the skids on used EV prices.
wilko

Post by wilko »

Income tax, NI and VAT are the only faxes that matter followed by corporation tax. All the rest raise peanuts and are designed to control peoples bad habits.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:36 pm
[/quote]

That'll really put the skids on used EV prices.
[/quote]

I think the suggestion was that VAT would be reduced to 10%. Normally when that happens, miraculously the pre-VAT price soon rises to fill the difference...
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper