Gen 1 to Gen 3 differences

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

PaulR wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:15 pm Back on topic, congratulations on the new car #Deucedeuce. I've had all three variations of the generation 1 GTS model and, frankly, haven't noticed a perceptible different in performance due to ever increasing horsepower figures. What I have noticed though is that the 20" wheels perforce significantly better than the latest 21" ones. From best to worst:

1. 20" air
2. 20" steel
3. 21" air
We've been switching back and forth between our GenH1IIS and two GenH1III loan models. Three loan cars for a week each. As a result I can say without doubt the order is:

1. 20" steel (PASM)
2. 20" air
3. 21" air

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:31 pm We've been switching back and forth between our GenH1IIS and two GenH1III loan models. Three loan cars for a week each. As a result I can say without doubt the order is:

1. 20" steel (PASM)
2. 20" air
3. 21" air
Interesting. I certainly felt the 21" wheels +15% (?) stiffer suspension on the latest car was a big step backwards. I preferred my 20" steel + PASM, but - for me - the most comfortable ride was definitely 20" air. I've had my cars consecutively, so not had the advantage of switching back and forth to recheck!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS