ANB5 Re-programming DME control unit

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
James Young

Post by James Young »

Whilst my 2015 Macan Turbo was at the dealer's for minor repairs the Porsche dealer installed a warranty "upgrade" to the DME control unit. (ANB5 Re-programming DME control unit) Since this "upgrade" the car's driving characteristics have changed considerably. The car now changes to higher gears much sooner than before, with 7th gear being engaged as early as 62 kph. Also the accelerator requires much more pressure to engage the kick down to a lower gear. The result is the car feels heavy and sluggish to drive with none of its previous nimbleness.

I am 71 years old and not a rev head. I have driven this car for nine years, having bought it new in 2015. Prior to the "upgrade" the car was always a joy to drive, being in the right gear in any situation with immediate response to any pressure on the accelerator. All this has gone and I feel Porsche has stolen my car from me.

The Porsche dealer has advised me that I am the only person in Australia to complain about this "upgrade". Has anyone else experience this issue?

pmg

Post by pmg »

James Young wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:46 am Whilst my 2015 Macan Turbo was at the dealer's for minor repairs the Porsche dealer installed a warranty "upgrade" to the DME control unit. (ANB5 Re-programming DME control unit) Since this "upgrade" the car's driving characteristics have changed considerably. The car now changes to higher gears much sooner than before, with 7th gear being engaged as early as 62 kph. Also the accelerator requires much more pressure to engage the kick down to a lower gear. The result is the car feels heavy and sluggish to drive with none of its previous nimbleness.

I am 71 years old and not a rev head. I have driven this car for nine years, having bought it new in 2015. Prior to the "upgrade" the car was always a joy to drive, being in the right gear in any situation with immediate response to any pressure on the accelerator. All this has gone and I feel Porsche has stolen my car from me.

The Porsche dealer has advised me that I am the only person in Australia to complain about this "upgrade". Has anyone else experience this issue?
Does not driving in sport mode solve this?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
coiae

Post by coiae »

Hi, I recetly was applied this campain ANB5 on my MACAN S .... And I feel the same like you (James Young). I was tell to my dealer DO NOT apply the campain ANB5, but I am affraid this campain ANB5 was apply on my MACAN S 2018. So, Anybody knows if there are any way to Know the campain was apply?, I mean tools like "VAG CAN PRO VCP" or something like this....
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

don't think there is an option to not have it applied when serviced at porsche
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

A few years ago, an upgrade was due on my DS. It went in for service a couple of times, and due to the negative comments about it, I told the dealers not to do it. But a year or so later, they said it's not optional, and failure to have the upgrade would negate my warranty. I had to give in then. :x
andreas

Post by andreas »

gasgas1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 am don't think there is an option to not have it applied when serviced at porsche
I declined to have the software update, as I wanted to retain the coasting function. The OPC agreed not to install the update.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

andreas wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:51 am
gasgas1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 am don't think there is an option to not have it applied when serviced at porsche
I declined to have the software update, as I wanted to retain the coasting function. The OPC agreed not to install the update.
I heard some on here state, that the coasting function disappears after the update.
But mine, 100% with surety, I can say that it did not affect this function, and still coast’s as it did before.
I even informed the OPC of this.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

anders, how do you know if re programme applied or not?