Over air update added LDW and deleted personal settings?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Around 10 days ago my '22 Macan S suddenly lost most of the personal settings (particularly those associated with induvidual keys), such as seat memory, comfort entry, mirror folding, door opening, diamond button program, etc.

At the same time, the car appears to have gained Lane Departure Warning, which I didn't spec and I certainly wasn't aware of it being present before now.

I can only think Porsche have done an over air update that has caused all this, but am wondering if anyone else has had similar experience?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Old Chimer wrote: ↑Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:46 pm Around 10 days ago my '22 Macan S suddenly lost most of the personal settings (particularly those associated with induvidual keys), such as seat memory, comfort entry, mirror folding, door opening, diamond button program, etc.

At the same time, the car appears to have gained Lane Departure Warning, which I didn't spec and I certainly wasn't aware of it being present before now.

I can only think Porsche have done an over air update that has caused all this, but am wondering if anyone else has had similar experience?
Lane departure warning is standard on a 22 Macan πŸ˜‰
Macan S MY 2023
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

As Skyway has said, LDW is standard, at least it is on Gen 1 &2. Maybe like a lot of us you turned it off. It then stays off. Your PCM mid life crisis may well have turned it back on. I wonder if, for some reason or another, the PCM has rebooted and this is why everything has gone back to ex-factory settings.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Skyway wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:36 am Lane departure warning is standard on a 22 Macan πŸ˜‰
Okay, didn't realise that, and must have been turned off from pickup.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

On-Track wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:18 am As Skyway has said, LDW is standard, at least it is on Gen 1 &2. Maybe like a lot of us you turned it off. It then stays off. Your PCM mid life crisis may well have turned it back on. I wonder if, for some reason or another, the PCM has rebooted and this is why everything has gone back to ex-factory settings.
The PCM hasn't cleared entirely as it retained my phone connection and favourite radio stations.

Will be out in it today so will see if it's kept the re-entered settings.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Old Chimer wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:17 am
On-Track wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:18 am As Skyway has said, LDW is standard, at least it is on Gen 1 &2. Maybe like a lot of us you turned it off. It then stays off. Your PCM mid life crisis may well have turned it back on. I wonder if, for some reason or another, the PCM has rebooted and this is why everything has gone back to ex-factory settings.
The PCM hasn't cleared entirely as it retained my phone connection and favourite radio stations.

Will be out in it today so will see if it's kept the re-entered settings.
I think similar has happened to me once or twice but I've never been certain it wasn't me that caused it! Actually the LDW and Auto Stop activated last Monday but again can't be sure it wasn't me, though not a deliberate act. Low level seems to disappear every couple of months and doesn't seem to be included in the memory settings.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
andreas

Post by andreas »

Old Chimer wrote: ↑Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:46 pm
I can only think Porsche have done an over air update that has caused all this,
Porsche isn't advanced enough to do OTA updates.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

andreas wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:14 am
Old Chimer wrote: ↑Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:46 pm I can only think Porsche have done an over air update that has caused all this,
Porsche isn't advanced enough to do OTA updates.
Andreas, is that an opinion or a certifiable fact? Obviously they do Nav updates, can we be certain absolutely NOTHING else ever gets tweaked? Some systems will have parameters that would be straight forward data updates.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Neil1911 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 am
Andreas, is that an opinion or a certifiable fact? Obviously they do Nav updates, can we be certain absolutely NOTHING else ever gets tweaked? Some systems will have parameters that would be straight forward data updates.
It's certainly a fact that the Macan software wasn't designed for OTA updates (as opposed to mapping updates). Porsche are trying to do OTA updates on the Taycan, although feedback on owner forums suggests this is a ponderous and hit-and-miss process. VW generally has, as you know, had massive problems trying to make software which works, and owners of ID.3 etc are being told to go to their dealerships to get OTA updates installed (which suggests they're not actually OTA).
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

andreas wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:42 am
Neil1911 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 am Andreas, is that an opinion or a certifiable fact? Obviously they do Nav updates, can we be certain absolutely NOTHING else ever gets tweaked? Some systems will have parameters that would be straight forward data updates.
It's certainly a fact that the Macan software wasn't designed for OTA updates (as opposed to mapping updates). Porsche are trying to do OTA updates on the Taycan, although feedback on owner forums suggests this is a ponderous and hit-and-miss process. VW generally has, as you know, had massive problems trying to make software which works, and owners of ID.3 etc are being told to go to their dealerships to get OTA updates installed (which suggests they're not actually OTA).
Just rumour then! :D