Soddin’ SatNav.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The Maps on my SatNav were updated last September.

Had to use it twice today.

1). The first time it delivered me to the yard of a Heavy Goods Vehicle Company, I know a Black Macan looks like a tank but this was a bit extreme as the HGV yard was a mile away from where I wanted to be.

2), The second time was an out of Town Estate (Bolton to be precise) and as I approached the Town outskirts the Map roads turned red with massive traffic hold ups, so I turned off and after it recalculated it gave me “In 300 yards turn left” which I did and ended up facing the drive of someones new house, a massive housing estate had been built and the route through was no more. So I retraced my steps and it recalculated and gave the instruction “In 100 yards turn left”, which I did and this time it ended in a Builders Merchants yard.

I gave up and drove home.

:o
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Google Mapsis the answer
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

It seems that most now use Google maps.

I know this shouldn’t be the case when buying a vehicle with a built in Sat Nav system, but a number of manufacturers no longer provide mapping, knowing that customers will resort to their phones.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

I use WAZE and find it good and precise it even highlights mobile speed cameras and tels you if you are going over the speed limit. It also warned me that I was aproaching a pot hole. Seems pretty accurate as well. Will be interesting to see how it compares with the one in my new macan. Will probably trust WAZE more than the porsche sat nav. :shock: :lol:
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

M30LEV wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:27 pm I use WAZE and find it good and precise it even highlights mobile speed cameras and tels you if you are going over the speed limit. It also warned me that I was aproaching a pot hole. Seems pretty accurate as well. Will be interesting to see how it compares with the one in my new macan. Will probably trust WAZE more than the porsche sat nav. :shock: :lol:
Waze all the way, so much better than any of my in car navs. Works perfectly on the Continent too.
I get the pot hole warnings also, far more than speed cam warnings. An indication of the state of our roads😡
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

So far never had a problem with the Porsche system. Have experimented with Apple Maps and Waze which are both good , however for me the benefit of the Porsche system is having directions at an easy glance in the drivers binnacle
2023 Macan S
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Had to drive from Milton Keynes to London yesterday, a journey I have done many times. However with the new 14 mile roadworks on the M1 that journey has now become a potential nightmare.
Using waze I discovered a scenic route that was mainly traffic free, meandering through God knows where but avoided me sitting in a single jam. I want to love the Porsche satnav, I’d prefer to use it but it simply does not match up to Waze and Apple Maps.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
happy days

Post by happy days »

Yep, Google Maps and Waze for me too. Always up-to-date.
Macan S D
718 S
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Did you enter the postcode for the destination Col? The HGV yard may have been within the postcode perhaps??

Dare I say it but mine (standard satnav) functions quite well. Previous weekend when the M25 was closed it automatically diverted me off without prompting. It did take me through random residential areas and through Camden and I did get a little wary but in fairness delivered me to exactly where I wanted to go.

If you have Apple CarPlay, why not give Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze a go. As others have mentioned, Waze is pretty good
pmg

Post by pmg »

Waze only allows you to enter one current destination and not a series of destinations for the day. If I am on a long trip, I find that useful as it helps assess how much time I can spend at each stop and hence I use the Porsche sat nav
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8