Main dealer damaged my car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Had a service at the local main dealer, they accidentally knocked off the sunroof drain pipes and the car filled with water, car went back to have this sorted now they have damaged the paint on the bonnet with a jet wash and expect me to foot the £3k bill. P.UK virtually useless as well. Pretty peeved to say the least, anyone else had similar experiences. The paint had apparently been repaired prior to my ownership, I bought from another main dealer 18 months ago, all looked good so I don't blame them, however now that my local MD has caused the damage whilst checking for leaks they suddenly got all prickly and don't want to know, I have only seen the car about 5 days now since Xmas, it's still at the dealership in this dispute.

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Red Gauntlet wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:08 pm Had a service at the local main dealer, they accidentally knocked off the sunroof drain pipes and the car filled with water, car went back to have this sorted now they have damaged the paint on the bonnet with a jet wash and expect me to foot the £3k bill. P.UK virtually useless as well. Pretty peeved to say the least, anyone else had similar experiences. The paint had apparently been repaired prior to my ownership, I bought from another main dealer 18 months ago, all looked good so I don't blame them, however now that my local MD has caused the damage whilst checking for leaks they suddenly got all prickly and don't want to know, I have only seen the car about 5 days now since Xmas, it's still at the dealership in this dispute.
Which OPC?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Don't want to say at the mo as still in dispute, might cause problems with the claim. etc. in UK though.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Red Gauntlet wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:17 pm Don't want to say at the mo as still in dispute, might cause problems with the claim. etc. in UK though.
👍
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

On another post I said how useless Porsche UK were,
I ended up emailing the CEO in Germany and was very pleased with the response, my problem was with main dealers when I was in Spain and how P. UK were of no help.
If you are unable to resolve this, you could try this route.
Good luck
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Is the main dealer a franchise by any chance?

Had a problem a few years ago with Audi, Audi UK said they can’t get involved as the dealer was a franchise. Ended up going to the Motor Ombudsman, thought it took a while to have it sorted and some back and forth with the case worker, case was solved in my favour.
MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Red Gauntlet wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:08 pm Had a service at the local main dealer, they accidentally knocked off the sunroof drain pipes and the car filled with water, car went back to have this sorted now they have damaged the paint on the bonnet with a jet wash and expect me to foot the £3k bill. P.UK virtually useless as well. Pretty peeved to say the least, anyone else had similar experiences. The paint had apparently been repaired prior to my ownership, I bought from another main dealer 18 months ago, all looked good so I don't blame them, however now that my local MD has caused the damage whilst checking for leaks they suddenly got all prickly and don't want to know, I have only seen the car about 5 days now since Xmas, it's still at the dealership in this dispute.
Why doesn't this surprise me. They're happy to take £200 per hour from you to change the oil, but don't want to know when something goes wrong. You will get no better service or loyalty using these MD which is why I save the money and avoid them.
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Trouble is the vehicle is under a Porsche warranty so am obliged to go to MD for now, it was a Porsche MD not a franchise that caused the damage.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

How did they manage to knock off the drain pipes??
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

With an air line probably.