Macan T ... going through some personal touches

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:37 pm Sorry but your cash would have been spent better on buying an SD, S or Turbo rather than adding bling.

Just to reiterate what others have said, it is not a “T”, it just has a Base 2.0 litre turbocharged engine and a piss poor one at that when it is trying to haul around a near on two tonne car. The new “T” has the suspension setup the same as a GTS and this setup is the same in all Porsche models, the GTS setup is very different from standard.

The newer Base Macans have more power than the one the Op has, it is this version that when I drove one was out accelerated by a BMW 118D and a VW Passat Blue Motion such is its utter and total lack of any get up and go.
Very subtly put ;)
Wheels - OK. Tint + spacers - No
It says Porsche on the back not Corsa. The car looked really nice as it was.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:37 pm Sorry but your cash would have been spent better on buying an SD, S or Turbo rather than adding bling.

Just to reiterate what others have said, it is not a “T”, it just has a Base 2.0 litre turbocharged engine and a piss poor one at that when it is trying to haul around a near on two tonne car. The new “T” has the suspension setup the same as a GTS and this setup is the same in all Porsche models, the GTS setup is very different from standard.

The newer Base Macans have more power than the one the Op has, it is this version that when I drove one was out accelerated by a BMW 118D and a VW Passat Blue Motion such is its utter and total lack of any get up and go.

What’s the expression...? “I don’t mean to piss on your chips, but...” :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
crockers

Post by crockers »

My Grannie used to say if you have nothing nice to say …..say. nothing.

So ………..,.,,,,,,,,…………..,,,,,
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:42 pm

Very subtly put ;)
Wheels - OK. Tint + spacers - No
It says Porsche on the back not Corsa. The car looked really nice as it was.
Yip, 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

As subtle as a sledgehammer.

The guy has not long got his car, and is very happy with it. Why be so negative?
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

87djames wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:37 pm Not long owned my Macan T and just couldn't help myself ... not to everyone's taste but I personally am enjoying making it my own

Quick before ...

7 -copy.jpg

and how it is currently ..

4 - Copy.jpg

Mods so far have been tinted windows to the front, Black Porsche 21" alloy wheels, a few LED bulb upgrades and a set of 10mm front spacers and 12mm rear spacers ..... Due to have a res-delete next week just for a little more sound from the sports exhaust rather then going completely asbo!

I am alos in the process of upgrading and retro fitting from PCM3.1 into PCM4 using all OEM parts ...

Also in the future I'm looking to upgrade the headlights to the black style xenon or if I can source a Genuine set of Porsche LED's I'll take the plunge ... also I'm looking to lower the car around 25/30mm MAX just to give it more of a GTS stance .. again not to everyone's likes but is to mine :D
Congrats on the new car.

It’s not how I’d go about spending my car budget but I’m interested to follow your journey modifying your car.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
FlyingDutchman

Post by FlyingDutchman »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:51 pm

The guy has not long got his car, and is very happy with it. Why be so negative?
Always the way…… I really do wonder sometimes why anyone would join this forum.
Current
- Macan Turbo PP
- 997 GTS
- Mercedes Benz R107 300SL

Previous
- 993 Turbo X50
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

As previous post - the car looked the business with the upgraded alloys and nice shiny black paint , unless you knew different it looked very much like a turbo so why chav it up ? It won't go any faster and doubt if it will corner better. Cheaper option would have been to just stick a GTS badge on the back , nobody would know it was a 2.0litre.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

FlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 pm

Have to agree - too many grumpy old men on this forum, me included.

I think it will be interesting to see a different perspective on Macan ownership, so give the OP a break, be a bit more positive (or say nothing) and let’s see where his journey goes.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
FlyingDutchman

Post by FlyingDutchman »

PJV997 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am
FlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 pm

Have to agree - too many grumpy old men on this forum, me included.

I think it will be interesting to see a different perspective on Macan ownership, so give the OP a break, be a bit more positive (or say nothing) and let’s see where his journey goes.

Agreed.

The irony isn’t lost on me that many fellow Porsche owners (of the 911 kind) love to mod their cars / try and recreate a GT3 or RS look from a more entry level car and yet no-one judges and indeed many encourage.

Almost as if there is more snobbery in the Macan ownership circle than in more “premium’ circles….

Ps I’m a relative spring chicken but also showing grumpy old man tendencies!
Current
- Macan Turbo PP
- 997 GTS
- Mercedes Benz R107 300SL

Previous
- 993 Turbo X50