Macan T ... going through some personal touches

Post pictures of your Macan here!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

andreas wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:48 pm
2japs wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:59 pm The 2l is easily beefed up from 245 to around 300hp, that will add a bit of umph to the GTS ish look
And add hundreds to the insurance premium!
Aye very true 😮
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

87djames

Post by 87djames »

DJMCUK wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:43 pm Wheels will be easier to clean for sure.

Have you told your insurers about the spacers and front tinted windows?

The spacers also invalidate any Porsche warranty, but I'm guessing it's not in warranty.
Do the tints comply with legislation?

Yours sincerely, The Porsche Police. ;)
Hello Mr Officer, all registered and correct but no the vehicle is not covered by the Porsche extended warranty so no need to worry about that
87djames

Post by 87djames »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:27 pm Just keep an eye out for scroats tapping on your window, asking if you got any gear mate ! :lol:
Will be cautious of this certainly :lol:
87djames

Post by 87djames »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:37 pm Sorry but your cash would have been spent better on buying an SD, S or Turbo rather than adding bling.

Just to reiterate what others have said, it is not a “T”, it just has a Base 2.0 litre turbocharged engine and a piss poor one at that when it is trying to haul around a near on two tonne car. The new “T” has the suspension setup the same as a GTS and this setup is the same in all Porsche models, the GTS setup is very different from standard.

The newer Base Macans have more power than the one the Op has, it is this version that when I drove one was out accelerated by a BMW 118D and a VW Passat Blue Motion such is its utter and total lack of any get up and go.

All noted thanks, however many reason why I opted for this one but feedback more than "welcome"
87djames

Post by 87djames »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:51 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:37 pm Sorry but your cash would have been spent better on buying an SD, S or Turbo rather than adding bling.

Just to reiterate what others have said, it is not a “T”, it just has a Base 2.0 litre turbocharged engine and a piss poor one at that when it is trying to haul around a near on two tonne car. The new “T” has the suspension setup the same as a GTS and this setup is the same in all Porsche models, the GTS setup is very different from standard.

The newer Base Macans have more power than the one the Op has, it is this version that when I drove one was out accelerated by a BMW 118D and a VW Passat Blue Motion such is its utter and total lack of any get up and go.
As subtle as a sledgehammer.

The guy has not long got his car, and is very happy with it. Why be so negative?
Does make me wonder ... obviously grown "wise" men use this forum but not grown or wise enough to not chip in ... I suppose everyone has an entitlement to freedom of speech however some choose to utilise that freedom for good over negative

Thanks again though mate
87djames

Post by 87djames »

PJV997 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:05 pm
87djames wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:37 pm Not long owned my Macan T and just couldn't help myself ... not to everyone's taste but I personally am enjoying making it my own

Quick before ...

7 -copy.jpg

and how it is currently ..

4 - Copy.jpg

Mods so far have been tinted windows to the front, Black Porsche 21" alloy wheels, a few LED bulb upgrades and a set of 10mm front spacers and 12mm rear spacers ..... Due to have a res-delete next week just for a little more sound from the sports exhaust rather then going completely asbo!

I am alos in the process of upgrading and retro fitting from PCM3.1 into PCM4 using all OEM parts ...

Also in the future I'm looking to upgrade the headlights to the black style xenon or if I can source a Genuine set of Porsche LED's I'll take the plunge ... also I'm looking to lower the car around 25/30mm MAX just to give it more of a GTS stance .. again not to everyone's likes but is to mine :D
Congrats on the new car.

It’s not how I’d go about spending my car budget but I’m interested to follow your journey modifying your car.
Thanks very much :D
87djames

Post by 87djames »

PJV997 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am
FlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 pm
wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:51 pm

As subtle as a sledgehammer.

The guy has not long got his car, and is very happy with it. Why be so negative?
Always the way…… I really do wonder sometimes why anyone would join this forum.
Have to agree - too many grumpy old men on this forum, me included.

I think it will be interesting to see a different perspective on Macan ownership, so give the OP a break, be a bit more positive (or say nothing) and let’s see where his journey goes.
thank you appreciated ... hopefully this forum isn't full of the select few
87djames

Post by 87djames »

FlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:54 am
PJV997 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am
FlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 pm

Always the way…… I really do wonder sometimes why anyone would join this forum.
Have to agree - too many grumpy old men on this forum, me included.

I think it will be interesting to see a different perspective on Macan ownership, so give the OP a break, be a bit more positive (or say nothing) and let’s see where his journey goes.

Agreed.

The irony isn’t lost on me that many fellow Porsche owners (of the 911 kind) love to mod their cars / try and recreate a GT3 or RS look from a more entry level car and yet no-one judges and indeed many encourage.

Almost as if there is more snobbery in the Macan ownership circle than in more “premium’ circles….

Ps I’m a relative spring chicken but also showing grumpy old man tendencies!
Ta very much, I think it was pointed out about cleaning and looks, these wheels are a hell of a lot easier to clean and coming from BMW M cars previously and having to clean their comp wheels I favour the easy option ! I

Personally I prefer the look of these again each to their own, I appreciate the support also People are saying about making it something its not ... I'm just looking to make my own and how I'd want it to look from the factory

Let's hope the rest of the forum use and advice I may need doesn't always come from the negative sin the group :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I specced those gloss black 21” Sport Classic wheels on my Macan 2.0! So you have good taste! :D

And I’m VERY much in the modification club with my 911! 😎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
87djames

Post by 87djames »

Plyphon wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:55 am Love the wheels, and love the stance with the spacers - looks a touch more aggressive for sure. I wonder what that does to turning circle and general handling.

Not a huge fan of the tinted fronts, but I respect your choices here, I can see the murdered out appeal.

I'd suggest, if you're going the whole hog, to lower it too. The base Macan really does ride too high. I've seen a lowered Gen 3 GTS and that looked sick enough for me to research into how to do it with the air ride (turns out, pretty simple) - but I never followed through.

The only thing I object too is called a Base a T - A T is more than just the body styling. It has a different suspension, dampening and rollbar setup which comes from the GTS.
Hi thanks for the feedback, Yeah I'm not going to go mad as I also think the likes of a GTS does look a lot better stance wise, I also want to go for a premium brand of spring with minimal drop, I have seen and read good things about Eibach and I know they have a max drop of 30mm ..

In regards to the "T" that is a genuine mistake on my end, seeing it as a 2.0 and then seeing how the likes of Auto trader and how they are listed I though putting that both are a 2.0 Turbo engine they were both classed as that, I suppose this is the good things with forums (apart from those crying on this post) that you get the correct useful information :D