Hey all

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

Would I be right in saying if you get for example a 2 year old Macan from an OPC, you get one year of the remaining new car warranty, then a further 2 year warranty when the new car warranty expires ?

andreas

Post by andreas »

Iceicebaby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:27 pm Would I be right in saying if you get for example a 2 year old Macan from an OPC, you get one year of the remaining new car warranty, then a further 2 year warranty when the new car warranty expires ?
No, wrong. You get 2 years total warranty cover from the purchase date.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do also note that Porsche has a list of specific N rated tyres that are supposed to be fitted, non approved ones are likely to cause it to failwhat is called the 111 check and hence they probably would not accept it for issuing an extended warranty.

A set of tyres are likely to be about £1100.

So that is £1100, +. £1500 for the 40k mile service + £1500 for extending the warranty = £4,100 and you have not even bought the car.

There is only the SD Macan that is remotely economical at a real of about 36mpg the V6 motors are likely to be c22-29mpg.

My Gen 1 Turbo does about 22mpg overall, with the most being 28mpg on a long Mway journey.

The display MPG will probably read 10% higher than actual.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

andreas wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:43 pm
Iceicebaby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:27 pm Would I be right in saying if you get for example a 2 year old Macan from an OPC, you get one year of the remaining new car warranty, then a further 2 year warranty when the new car warranty expires ?
A bit misleading on the official Porsche website. Looking at a car which was first registered Nov 2021, it says new car warranty runs until Nov 2024, then 2 year warranty until Nov 2026. I take it the 2 year used warranty will actually supersede the new car warranty at point of sale?
andreas

Post by andreas »

Iceicebaby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 pm A bit misleading on the official Porsche website. Looking at a car which was first registered Nov 2021, it says new car warranty runs until Nov 2024, then 2 year warranty until Nov 2026. I take it the 2 year used warranty will actually supersede the new car warranty at point of sale?
This is what the Porsche UK website says:-

"The advertised price of Porsche Approved pre-owned vehicles includes a minimum of 24 months Porsche Warranty and a minimum of 24 months Porsche Assistance cover. This cover is comprised of any residual unexpired Porsche New Vehicle Warranty/Porsche Approved Warranty and Porsche Assistance service/policy remaining on the vehicle and, where this is less than 24 months, the cover will be topped up with a Porsche Approved Warranty insurance policy and a Porsche Assistance insurance policy to assure a total minimum coverage of 24 months (the “Top Up Insurances”). It is not mandatory to take these Top Up Insurances."
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The Op is best talking to his local OPC for their interpretation of Warranty validity.

Then making a decision

The subject has been done to death here.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

andreas wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:12 pm
Iceicebaby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 pm A bit misleading on the official Porsche website. Looking at a car which was first registered Nov 2021, it says new car warranty runs until Nov 2024, then 2 year warranty until Nov 2026. I take it the 2 year used warranty will actually supersede the new car warranty at point of sale?
This is what the Porsche UK website says:-

"The advertised price of Porsche Approved pre-owned vehicles includes a minimum of 24 months Porsche Warranty and a minimum of 24 months Porsche Assistance cover. This cover is comprised of any residual unexpired Porsche New Vehicle Warranty/Porsche Approved Warranty and Porsche Assistance service/policy remaining on the vehicle and, where this is less than 24 months, the cover will be topped up with a Porsche Approved Warranty insurance policy and a Porsche Assistance insurance policy to assure a total minimum coverage of 24 months (the “Top Up Insurances”). It is not mandatory to take these Top Up Insurances."
Thank you for the clarification Andreas.
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

I will definitely seek clarification from my OPC on what their interpretation is.

It's interesting as my employers lease company ask whether you want premier independent servicing or dealer when going through quotations.

If going to an independent voids your warranty.... that could lead to some intriguing issues down the line.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

When I bought my Macan S from Leeds OPC it was just 2 years old, & I got the remainder of the original warranty plus 2 years of the used car / Porsche approved warranty, ie 3 years, which has since been renewed for an additional 2 years.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

Toddie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:52 pm
When I bought my Macan S from Leeds OPC it was just 2 years old, & I got the remainder of the original warranty plus 2 years of the used car / Porsche approved warranty, ie 3 years, which has since been renewed for an additional 2 years.
That's good.

I'm sure I've seen the individual adverts on the Porsche website stating what date the warranty is valid from, but I've not paid too much attention.