Farewell and Adieu (perhaps)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:59 pm
bennachie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:33 pm Pix to follow - the wheels are still on the car. Didn't think about that. Will get some tomorrow.

Er, Luke I am your father.

No business interest here.
My money, well mine and hers in equal measure.
Just amazed at the abilities of the vehicle. Thankfully range is not too much of an issue.
The Macan S service cost was astronomical - well for me - as it was 6 year plus deferred gearbox oil, plugs etc. Drives like a new car now but..........
No horse's head but it was 'an offer I had to think about' and so Monday will see a change. Might take a bath but it will be my/our 'last hurrah' in the vehicle department before succumbing to the Honda Jazz or equivalent down the road so will not
In truth I am quite excited about the new direction and its opportunities as I have been tinkering with ICE in all of its iterations for nearly 60 years and have learned lot. I realise that ICE is not dead and that 2035 is not a final line, however there is an element of me that wants to experiment with 'the future' (whether it is right or wrong) whilst i have the opportunity. If I shuffle of this mortal coil without real experience of this new tech I would never forgive myself.
Mrs Bennachie has mobility issues which meant my series of Cayman had to end as she found getting out difficult. The Macan helped and improved matters but as the issue has developed, climbing up into it has become a bit of an issue. The new car hits a nice sweet spot and as she indicated at the 'seat fitting' it was surprisingly easy to enter and egress in comparison. Further clue - that was without raising the suspension.....
Sounds exciting! CT cross Taurismo??
Whichever version will be a blast I think, look forward to pics and your thoughts…
Yep. Or could be any model with air suspension... 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Yes, just wondered if the CT was that “just right height” for Mrs Bennachie… 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

As I’ve said before I really liked the Cross Turismo we had for a weekend a couple of years ago, but hated the brief foray into the world of public charging. So I bought a good ol’ gas guzzler instead! :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

Only the base RWD came on steels, but air could be optioned..... so any Taycan lol

I'm going CT like above.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

The coconut goes to...................the Cross Turismo.
I will update on Monday after collection.

The classic deal that comes along once in a motoring lifetime that you just cannot allow to pass you by. Expensive but incredible value at the same time....
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I’m sure you’ll love it. Look forward to spec and pics
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Vix wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:02 pm
bennachie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:58 pm Just rummaging around the garage and found FOUR top up pack of oil! all sealed..............
I've got a shelf full. Does it go out of date?
I'm sure that I recollect a date of some kind on them but I'm sceptical about dates on food never mind engine oil. I reckon my gut is more sensitive than an engine, could be wrong though! 😅
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

bennachie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:23 pm The coconut goes to...................the Cross Turismo.
I will update on Monday after collection.

The classic deal that comes along once in a motoring lifetime that you just cannot allow to pass you by. Expensive but incredible value at the same time....
Beautiful car, well done.

Never driven a Taycan because if I did ... :mrgreen:
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

This one is well specced and must be at least £20k under list…
https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/details/X8M75P
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

bennachie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:33 pm Pix to follow - the wheels are still on the car. Didn't think about that. Will get some tomorrow.

Er, Luke I am your father.

No business interest here.
My money, well mine and hers in equal measure.
Just amazed at the abilities of the vehicle. Thankfully range is not too much of an issue.
The Macan S service cost was astronomical - well for me - as it was 6 year plus deferred gearbox oil, plugs etc. Drives like a new car now but..........
No horse's head but it was 'an offer I had to think about' and so Monday will see a change. Might take a bath but it will be my/our 'last hurrah' in the vehicle department before succumbing to the Honda Jazz or equivalent down the road so will not
In truth I am quite excited about the new direction and its opportunities as I have been tinkering with ICE in all of its iterations for nearly 60 years and have learned lot. I realise that ICE is not dead and that 2035 is not a final line, however there is an element of me that wants to experiment with 'the future' (whether it is right or wrong) whilst i have the opportunity. If I shuffle of this mortal coil without real experience of this new tech I would never forgive myself.
Mrs Bennachie has mobility issues which meant my series of Cayman had to end as she found getting out difficult. The Macan helped and improved matters but as the issue has developed, climbing up into it has become a bit of an issue. The new car hits a nice sweet spot and as she indicated at the 'seat fitting' it was surprisingly easy to enter and egress in comparison. Further clue - that was without raising the suspension.....
I have mobility issues and I find the opposite of not just the Taycan but all Porsche’s other than a Macan and Cayenne.

The Taycan for me is just not a practical means of transport and that has nothing to do with it being an EV.

It sits far to low to be able to get into and out of easily.

Getting in is a struggle, but getting out is neigh on impossible

The Macan, no problems.

Good luck with your new motor.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags