Just joined the forum - shopping for a Turbo!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:58 am There are 276 Macan Turbo PP currently licensed in the UK and 3 on SORN.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/p ... s-a#engine

The 8-way seats are very, very good and comfortable. I know as I had them on my SD and now my GTS. The later being similar to the 18-way in lateral grip.
I had extensively tested the other versions and prefer the 8-way. Each to their own. ;) :o :D
A pretty exclusive club then!

It may be worth checking out Gen2 GTS / Turbo if you can stretch your budget at all, as it should give you a bit more choice. Most will come with the kind of options you're after
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)

PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Bomber wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:46 pm I test drove a standard Turbo with air suspension, and then a PP without. I preferred the ride on air, but was drawn in by the extra power and ‘exclusivity’ of the PP, so a Turbo PP with air suspension it is for me.

There’s a few comments about them being rare - but I’ve got several saved, one I’m interested in particularly but the price needs to come down somewhat for that to happen (+ needs warranty adding).

Spec desired is as follows, lots of which seems to come with the car as standard or within certain packs - but I’ll make reference anyway;
2017 - 2018 Turbo PP
Volcano Grey or Jet Black
Air suspension
21” alloys
Full leather (Agate/Pebble 1st choice, black 2nd choice)
18 way seats
Pan roof
Turbo exterior package
Sports chrono pack
Sports exhaust
Privacy glass
Black exterior trim (not silver gloss)
Heated seats (front as min)
Heated steering wheel
Carbon interior pack
Reversing camera
Full PSH - needed for the warranty I believe?
Max 50k miles
Welcome to the forum.

I don’t think you can be so picky when buying a 6 year old car on the options, particularly with Porsche where there are hardly 2 cars the same.

Better to buy on condition than specific options. I would set out your must have characteristics/options and then the nice to haves. Buy the best car with your ‘must haves’.

I think the point on warranty is that a car might be eligible due to FPSH and have unexpired warranty, but if you buy from a non Porsche dealer, any existing warranty would lapse and you’d have to start again.

Bear in mind that at c6 years, there are bound to be some running gear items approaching need of replacement. In the 8 months or so I had my 2017 Turbo (bought at 40,000 miles) I had to replace all discs and pads, had a steering control arm replaced and also another suspension bush (requiring whole suspension arm replacement) and a failure of the ACC control unit due to water ingress. All except the brakes were covered by warranty.

Good luck in your search.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Thanks all.
I’ve just spoken with my local Porsche Centre.
They confirmed that if buying a vehicle without a Porsche warranty from an independent, then as long as the most recent service was at a Porsche Centre they can do the 111, and proceed with applying a new warranty in due course (both after the 90 day ownership period). 111 point check is only valid for about a week.
If the vehicle has had a service at an independent, then it would need a service at a Porsche Centre before warranty check / application. So no point buying one that the indi has freshly serviced if you want a Porsche warranty.
Last edited by Bomber on Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Macan Turbo Performance - Volcano Grey
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:08 am
SAC1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:58 am There are 276 Macan Turbo PP currently licensed in the UK and 3 on SORN.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/p ... s-a#engine

The 8-way seats are very, very good and comfortable. I know as I had them on my SD and now my GTS. The later being similar to the 18-way in lateral grip.
I had extensively tested the other versions and prefer the 8-way. Each to their own. ;) :o :D
A pretty exclusive club then!

It may be worth checking out Gen2 GTS / Turbo if you can stretch your budget at all, as it should give you a bit more choice. Most will come with the kind of options you're after
Sadly Gen2 prices are that leap too much for me - which is a shame as I do like the style changes of the Gen2.
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Would love to be viewing a vehicle this morning, but the seller isn’t answering the phone :( How many times a day should I call someone who has a vehicle advertised for sale?!?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Bomber wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:29 am Would love to be viewing a vehicle this morning, but the seller isn’t answering the phone :( How many times a day should I call someone who has a vehicle advertised for sale?!?
Maybe try texting them instead, if it’s a mobile number? Some might be more inclined to reply to a text than to answer a ringing phone…?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am
Bomber wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:29 am Would love to be viewing a vehicle this morning, but the seller isn’t answering the phone :( How many times a day should I call someone who has a vehicle advertised for sale?!?
Maybe try texting them instead, if it’s a mobile number? Some might be more inclined to reply to a text than to answer a ringing phone…?
It’s through AutoTrader - so isn’t their actual number. I’ve left a voicemail but that’s all I can do.
Frustrating as I have very little spare time at the moment and they seem keen to sell as the price has been dropping.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Bomber wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:22 am
Wing Commander wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am
It’s through AutoTrader - so isn’t their actual number. I’ve left a voicemail but that’s all I can do.
Frustrating as I have very little spare time at the moment and they seem keen to sell as the price has been dropping.
Maybe they’re spending quality time with their Mum on Mother’s Day. ;)

Hopefully they’ll get back to you later today… 🤞🏼
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

I presume you’ve seen the shiny black Turbo for sale on this very forum?
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

Also don’t rule our buying direct from OPC Approved Used. There’s deals to be had and quite a few with the PP