Just joined the forum - shopping for a Turbo!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Hi all,

I’m in the market for a Macan as my new daily driver. It’ll be new to me, but definitely not new as budget won’t allow that!

Focusing my search on a ‘17/‘18 era Turbo with Performance Pack. Think I’ve got a handle of the spec I want, and it’s now just a case of waiting for the right car to appear of the used market.

I’ve read as much as I can, driven a couple of examples, but if there are any pointers no matter how daft or obvious they may be, I’d be grateful to hear.

Cheers!
2017 Macan Turbo Performance - Volcano Grey

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

They drink a bit, so be prepared. My GTS does around 22mpg, so the turbo will be worse.

Defo get sports exhaust and air suspension, most other stuff is standard on the turbo. Carmine is the best colour, Sapphire the second best.

Porsche warranty is a must at this age, trust me, I know.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Thank you - yes I’m mentally prepared for watching the fuel gauge fall a bit more quickly than my current diesel!

I’m looking for the more somber colours like Grey or Black. Would love the Pebble/Agate two tone interior but they seem seldom spec’d.

Porsche warranty is a must from what other owners I know have told me, so if I find a car that I like but it doesn’t have it, I’ll be factoring that additional cost in to the purchase.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I believe that the Performance Pack versions of the Turbo were relatively rare, so you might want to also consider the regular Turbo.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I also wanted a turbo, but when the GTS became available, I went for it.

A word of warning is that if you buy one without warranty, it could cost quite a bit to get the warranty. I had to have the 111 point check in order to qualify for warranty, I needed a new battery, new wiper blades and the timing chain cover was leaking oil. Fortunately I managed to get the seller, Cazoo, to pay for all of this. But it would have been around £1200, plus £250 for the 111 point check and then the warranty on top.

IMG_0212.jpeg

pxl_20211211_120525655.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0641.jpeg

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

They do look amazing in Carmine, no doubt about it.
The high mileage performance pack one at my local has gone.

Hope they don't do many miles and can keep it under 125k!
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

My plan is that if I identify a car I like but it doesn’t have the warranty in place - but is eligible to have, I’ll get the pre-warranty check carried out at my expense. This will be a good way to see what the condition of the vehicle is, and if it flags up work needing to be done - well it’ll either be a point for negotiation or I can walk away I guess.

Surprised that a 36month warranty is available - but at some cost of course!
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

15 years 125k ... it's one of the reasons I'm also looking for a Porsche for my daily driver, although it will be later this year most likely.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Bomber wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:15 pm My plan is that if I identify a car I like but it doesn’t have the warranty in place - but is eligible to have, I’ll get the pre-warranty check carried out at my expense. This will be a good way to see what the condition of the vehicle is, and if it flags up work needing to be done - well it’ll either be a point for negotiation or I can walk away I guess.

But, you cannot get warranty until you’ve owned the car for 90 days. So if you get the 111 point check done at the point of sale, you will have to have it done again 90 days later. I know this from experience.
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:28 pm
Bomber wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:15 pm My plan is that if I identify a car I like but it doesn’t have the warranty in place - but is eligible to have, I’ll get the pre-warranty check carried out at my expense. This will be a good way to see what the condition of the vehicle is, and if it flags up work needing to be done - well it’ll either be a point for negotiation or I can walk away I guess.

But, you cannot get warranty until you’ve owned the car for 90 days. So if you get the 111 point check done at the point of sale, you will have to have it done again 90 days later. I know this from experience.
Ah now that is good to know! A point that was not advised when I enquired about the process of getting the warranty and the costs. Thank you!