Rear washers not working - warranty or not?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
shambolic

Post by shambolic »

It’s not been that cold lately so hardly think it’s frozen.

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

gbj1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:02 pm I was read the same wording re "external issue" as apparently the warranty wording was recently changed - OP have however agreed to fix, and now waiting for parts
Whether or not it's goodwill from Porsche, I'm not sure, but I tend to follow the path of least resistance so didn't enquire further :)
Did you phone PGB to alert them, and for your £300?
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:11 am
gbj1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:02 pm I was read the same wording re "external issue" as apparently the warranty wording was recently changed - OP have however agreed to fix, and now waiting for parts
Whether or not it's goodwill from Porsche, I'm not sure, but I tend to follow the path of least resistance so didn't enquire further :)
Did you phone PGB to alert them, and for your £300?
No! £300 is on offer as goodwill? D'you think the dealership would get that for me or it has to come from Porsche direct? Thanks for this info - it's not been fixed yet so maybe I can still "claim"
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Speak nicely to PGB to express your dissatisfaction and urge them to find a fix for this design flaw.
See if they offer some goodwill.
I wasn't expecting it. The agent just offered.
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:15 pm Speak nicely to PGB to express your dissatisfaction and urge them to find a fix for this design flaw.
See if they offer some goodwill.
I wasn't expecting it. The agent just offered.
Great thanks, will try it!
Annaholly

Post by Annaholly »

Hi , looking for some advice please. My 72 plate Macan in December 2023 had the rear washer stop working. It’s taken till today to get an appointment for the car with hire car to go in so I’ve waited 3 months for them to look at it. The dealer has said it’s definitely the rear wash pipe and they’ve had to remove all the carpets to dry out and replace pipe. They have said that it’s not covered under warranty but have sent a case to Porsche to ask if they could contribute. I said I have no money to pay and also why would it not be covered under warranty for a car just over a year old and seems to be a common problem . Looking for advice and help please. Thanks
andreas

Post by andreas »

Annaholly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:31 pm Hi , looking for some advice please. My 72 plate Macan in December 2023 had the rear washer stop working. It’s taken till today to get an appointment for the car with hire car to go in so I’ve waited 3 months for them to look at it. The dealer has said it’s definitely the rear wash pipe and they’ve had to remove all the carpets to dry out and replace pipe. They have said that it’s not covered under warranty but have sent a case to Porsche to ask if they could contribute. I said I have no money to pay and also why would it not be covered under warranty for a car just over a year old and seems to be a common problem . Looking for advice and help please. Thanks
It's crazy (a) that Porsche designed such a flawed system in the first place and (b) that Porsche then deny responsibility for it. Just keep insisting to your OPC that it's a very basic design fault and that there's no way you should bear the cost of fixing Porsche's mistake.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Annaholly

Post by Annaholly »

Thank you. I’ll keep at them. I’m certainly not picking up the bill they can take the car back if they insist I do. I’m so angry with them even bringing it up considering everything I’ve read about this issue.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

As far as I'm aware, the combined rear screen wash and reversing camera wash jets were introduced with the Gen 2 models.

I've never had a problem with my GTS' rear wash system failing, in now over 3 years use. It was manufactured in Feb 2020 (pre-Covid).

Is it fair to say that this issue then started once the parts shortages occurred resulting from the Covid outbreak? Was it the alternative supplier(s) components that has caused this failure?

Has it now been rectified on latest production Macans?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:44 pm As far as I'm aware, the combined rear screen wash and reversing camera wash jets were introduced with the Gen 2 models.

I've never had a problem with my GTS' rear wash system failing, in now over 3 years use. It was manufactured in Feb 2020 (pre-Covid).

Is it fair to say that this issue then started once the parts shortages occurred resulting from the Covid outbreak? Was it the alternative supplier(s) components that has caused this failure?

Has it now been rectified on latest production Macans?
It’s certainly one of the conspiracies that I have yet to discount. My GTS was due for delivery May 21, but was delayed until July due to lack of parts.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback