Rear washers not working - warranty or not?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
shambolic

Post by shambolic »

Does this mean I can’t reverse in winter now with my new car? Or use the surround cameras as the auto wash on the rear camera might cause the hose/tee piece to come off/split.
So even if I have proper Porsche screen wash and don’t use my rear wash wipe in freezing weather it could still fail?
Surely that’s a design flaw and Porsche won’t have a leg to stand on in court.

2japs

Post by 2japs »

shambolic wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:50 am Does this mean I can’t reverse in winter now with my new car? Or use the surround cameras as the auto wash on the rear camera might cause the hose/tee piece to come off/split.
So even if I have proper Porsche screen wash and don’t use my rear wash wipe in freezing weather it could still fail?
Surely that’s a design flaw and Porsche won’t have a leg to stand on in court.
Your username says it all really.

As more owners try to make a claim for the same fault, proving it’s a design weakness, the more Porsche are trying to disown the issue.
They should be having a recall instead of burying their heads in the sand. Have they have been getting lessons from the Post Office 😮
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Annaholly

Post by Annaholly »

andreas wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:49 pm
Annaholly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:31 pm Hi , looking for some advice please. My 72 plate Macan in December 2023 had the rear washer stop working. It’s taken till today to get an appointment for the car with hire car to go in so I’ve waited 3 months for them to look at it. The dealer has said it’s definitely the rear wash pipe and they’ve had to remove all the carpets to dry out and replace pipe. They have said that it’s not covered under warranty but have sent a case to Porsche to ask if they could contribute. I said I have no money to pay and also why would it not be covered under warranty for a car just over a year old and seems to be a common problem . Looking for advice and help please. Thanks
It's crazy (a) that Porsche designed such a flawed system in the first place and (b) that Porsche then deny responsibility for it. Just keep insisting to your OPC that it's a very basic design fault and that there's no way you should bear the cost of fixing Porsche's mistake.
So Porsche have said that it’s covered under warranty in the summer but not in the winter , but they will put a case out for Porsche to pay for it. It’s just a disgrace you couldn’t make it up. So they are admitting that the pipe isn’t fit for purpose in cold weather . I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous . It’s a total joke. Really want to make a formal complaint to Porsche whether they agree to pay for it or not . I won’t be paying for it anyway they can take the car back in opposed to me footing the bill for this. 😡
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

March 1st was start of meteorological spring - does that count as summer??
What a load of drivel!!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Annaholly

Post by Annaholly »

Jon A wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:14 pm March 1st was start of meteorological spring - does that count as summer??
What a load of drivel!!
I know I totally agree. It’s absolute nonsense.