Macans are about to be uninsurable!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Noslouch

Post by Noslouch »

I had my 2000 mile Macan stolen from road in London W9.
3.30 a.m. Tracker useless and staff are unhelpful (don’t wast money on a sub) Staff told me gps aerial had been removed in 30 secs
Ordered car without keyless and kept keys in faraday pouch….it makes no difference the Scumbags have cracked Porsche security!
3 weeks later my replacement car has been stolen after 2 nights!
Last night had a visitor from the country, this morning her Macan had gone
Now AXA will not cover me in a Porsche….cannot blame them
It is an epidemic and like Landrover, Porsche and Tracker are in denial about the problem

andreas

Post by andreas »

Was your replacement car a Macan? If so, how on earth did you get one in 3 weeks?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Scoobyd

Post by Scoobyd »

So what you're saying is you've had 3 Macans, stolen from the same place outside your home, in 3 weeks.

I see. I mean, does seem likely. Doesn't it?
Porsche Macan GTS Gen 1
2003 E46 BMW 330ci Sport Convertible
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

If it’s only happened three times in an area that’s around 10sqm, I’m not sure that meets the threshold to be called an epidemic as 💩 as it is.
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

2,000 miles? It was just run-in. Makes it even more depressing. I don’t know what to say.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Maybe they changed the parking restrictions and all 3 are sat in a compound somewhere after being towed.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
crockers

Post by crockers »

I’m considering fitting ghost.
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

Noslouch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:04 pm I had my 2000 mile Macan stolen from road in London W9.
3.30 a.m. Tracker useless and staff are unhelpful (don’t wast money on a sub) Staff told me gps aerial had been removed in 30 secs
Ordered car without keyless and kept keys in faraday pouch….it makes no difference the Scumbags have cracked Porsche security!
3 weeks later my replacement car has been stolen after 2 nights!
Last night had a visitor from the country, this morning her Macan had gone
Now AXA will not cover me in a Porsche….cannot blame them
It is an epidemic and like Landrover, Porsche and Tracker are in denial about the problem
Didn’t you tell your visitor not to bring her Macan as you’ve had 2 stolen from your house recently?
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

What a load of old tosh.
Noslouch

Post by Noslouch »

My first car was a gentian blue mkiii august 2023, 2600 miles. Carefully ordered spec! And lasted 5 months.
Insurance company will not pay out for 2 months and they do not provide a replacement. Bought a. 3000 mile 23 from Porsche Sutton Coldfield with a spec close to my previous. Air suspension,Bose,Adaptive cruise,panoramic,extended leather etc etc.
This has lasted for 10 days before being taken. Last night a guest had to park a couple of roads away in her 4 month old Macan it has gone.
In each case Vodafone say the gps aerial been ripped out in under a minute which indicates a professional team.
I did tell guest they were being stolen and as a result she did not leave any possessions in car.
Scooby may not think it “old tosh” when his Macan. Gets stolen or inevitably gets his new insurance quote😂😂