Tool Update

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Usually use step ladders, OH has bought me a new extended wash thingy from TEMU for about 68p, not tried it yet tho… 😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

andreas

Post by andreas »

2japs wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:40 pm Usually use step ladders, OH has bought me a new extended wash thingy from TEMU for about 68p, not tried it yet tho… 😂😂
No expense spared when it comes to washing Macans!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Mine came with running boards, they're a bit narrow but great for cleaning the roof.
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

I’m 5ft 3 so still can’t wash the Taycan roof.. just the roof rails :D The gap bits (what is the technical term for these?!?) behind the front wheels/at the front of the doors are constantly full of stones! I keep picking them out before I set off because I’m worried they’ll blow out at speed and chip my doors. How are you getting on with speed bumps and always remembering to check which suspension level you’re at? I scuffed the plastic front wheel trims on my second day of owning mine when I went over a speed bump without remembering I was in sports+ :( Lesson learned. Never needed to worry about speed bumps in the Macan!
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Speed bumps do need a little respect but auto lift is brilliant, so long as you slow down enough!

Problem with the open vents behind the front wheels is solved by having the electric opening charger covers. One of the main reasons I specced them and also the fact they are quite cool!
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

MCDK wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 pm Speed bumps do need a little respect but auto lift is brilliant, so long as you slow down enough!

Problem with the open vents behind the front wheels is solved by having the electric opening charger covers. One of the main reasons I specced them and also the fact they are quite cool!
I think I jinxed myself with my post… Just drove home and heard a tiny scuff as I went over a speed bump… Looked down and realised I was still in the lowest suspension setting, ahh! I even have smart lift programmed for this road too, but wasn’t going slow enough for it to activate. Lesson clearly NOT learned :oops: I imagine the underside is pretty sturdy and most Taycans are bound to have a scuff or two on a speed bump here and there over the car’s lifetime, but will still probably be kicking myself all night!
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:14 pm
MCDK wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 pm Speed bumps do need a little respect but auto lift is brilliant, so long as you slow down enough!

I think I jinxed myself with my post… Just drove home and heard a tiny scuff as I went over a speed bump… Looked down and realised I was still in the lowest suspension setting, ahh! I even have smart lift programmed for this road too, but wasn’t going slow enough for it to activate. Lesson clearly NOT learned :oops: I imagine the underside is pretty sturdy and most Taycans are bound to have a scuff or two on a speed bump here and there over the car’s lifetime, but will still probably be kicking myself all night!
If you can’t see the scuff, it doesn’t exist 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

The best thing about a Taycan is that you get a lot of this...........
but being a bloke I can't find it..........

IMG_0445.JPG

'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Careful scuffing the underside of a Taycan...
...remember how you light a Swan Vesta!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:01 pm Careful scuffing the underside of a Taycan...
...remember how you light a Swan Vesta!
😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB