Soft cover required

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

Soft indoor cover required (to go under my oem outdoor cover & prevent scratches)

FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Sorry - what exactly do you want? A recommendation of where to get one, or someone to sell you one or give you one?

If you want to buy one, then Classic Additions are good. They do standard and custom - indoor and outdoor. Have bought various combinations of all of those in the past, and they're usually very good indeed
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

I was hoping to pick up a second hand soft indoor cover, but will take a look at Classic Additions - thanks for the recommendation 👍
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I have a genuine Porsche indoor cover used on my Turbo but no longer needed........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

trialframe wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:39 pm Soft indoor cover required (to go under my oem outdoor cover & prevent scratches)
The OEM outdoor cover is terrible in my view - I returned mine to Porsche West London for a full refund and a free machine polish - no matter how clean the car was, it caused terrible scuffing marks everywhere the cover moved against the bodywork.

So i have one now from Classic Additions called their "Ultimate Outdoor Car Cover", having seen it and examined it on their stand at Goodwood. PCGB members get a discount of 10%. It's made of something very similar to a wetsuit and I would say it is the best car cover I've had, having been using it since October.

It's not fully custom-fitted but fits on fine and most importantly doesn't scratch or scuff the car. It's a little heavy but it dries quickly, seems to self-clean in the rain (mucky fox pawprints in my case) and the fixing straps are easy to use. It's also easier to get back into its carry case than some previous outdoor covers I've had.

I'd think that was a better solution that using two covers.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

Thanks for the details Wolands,
Those covers sound great & I'll check them out.
Andrew
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

Got one now - thanks to everyone who commented.
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

trialframe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:20 pm Got one now - thanks to everyone who commented.
What did you go for in the end?
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

I got a used genuine porsche indoor cover from one of the forum members here. I already had a porsche outdoor cover, so will use both together.
Next time will go for your suggestion.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

For anyone who uses an indoor cover, what are they like? My concern is that I always dress the tyres and would that not get on the cover and then mark the paint as the cover is removed?