Sainsburys 97 octane super unleaded

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

GTB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm Thought I had answered a lot of fuel stuff a while ago!.........
paulmac, you mention "Great Fuel" ?? Maybe you could define that for me please?? Are you just speaking about low cost per L? Or some other fact?
Agreed, you have, but digging those nuggets out is hard work!
I reckon paulmac's definition of great fuel is Esso Supreme... please don't burst our bubble! Oh, go on then..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

GTB

Post by GTB »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 pm
GTB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm Thought I had answered a lot of fuel stuff a while ago!.........
paulmac, you mention "Great Fuel" ?? Maybe you could define that for me please?? Are you just speaking about low cost per L? Or some other fact?
I reckon paulmac's definition of great fuel is Esso Supreme... please don't burst our bubble! Oh, go on then..
OK then Neil,

I'm hearing some EV drivers saying their car runs better when they charged up with Electricity provided by Octopus Energy than SSEN and Scottish Power !!

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
crockers

Post by crockers »

GTB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:52 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 pm
OK then Neil,

I'm hearing some EV drivers saying their car runs better when they charged up with Electricity provided by Octopus Energy than SSEN and Scottish Power !!

Cheers GTB
🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

GTB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm Thought I had answered a lot of fuel stuff a while ago!

Sainsbury,s has a very unique arrangement with bp for fuel supply and always has. So despite it being a Sainsbury branded filling station and dispensers, if you look very very closely on a Sainsbury fuel delivery tanker you will see a little bp oil UK sign. So Sainsbury premium fuel is 97 Ron exact same as bp Ultimate 97 Ron.

I have said before the EN standard for fuel is so defined and strict it’s more or less the same when it comes out the refinery. Some slight differences on the additives and depending where the filling station is in the UK Ethanol content could be Zero, or up to 10% on 95 Ron fuel or up to 5% on the premium higher Ron fuels. The difference in fuel "Quality" is down to the housekeeping on each filling station.
Thank you for this, GTB!

I had previously been shy to admit that I fuel my 911 with Sainsbury’s premium petrol! ;)

Cheers!

SPG
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
crockers

Post by crockers »

I use Tesco’s Momentum- says 99 but that does seem high.

Or if close to Costco use their 97
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

GTB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:52 pm I'm hearing some EV drivers saying their car runs better when they charged up with Electricity provided by Octopus Energy than SSEN and Scottish Power !!

Cheers GTB
Had you said "Porsche EV drivers" I wouldn't have had a moments doubt before believing it. :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
GTB

Post by GTB »

Morning all,

Ironically article about Sainsbury,s fuel (Allegedly) and a Porsche vehicle in a regional paper yesterday. My own thoughts on this would be poor housekeeping on site or an misfuelling of storage tank on site would mean lots of cars with same or similar issue. One car suggests issue with that car itself. Sainsburys contractor will check fuel in tank. The fuel from the car could indicate different!! I just wonder if the Porsche been stored and not used all winter and with little or partially filled tank, the Ethanol in the fuel has absorbed moisture from the air and fuel “separated” given the description of it.

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/2 ... -fuel-row/

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

GTB wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 am Morning all,

Ironically article about Sainsbury,s fuel (Allegedly) and a Porsche vehicle in a regional paper yesterday. My own thoughts on this would be poor housekeeping on site or an misfuelling of storage tank on site would mean lots of cars with same or similar issue. One car suggests issue with that car itself. Sainsburys contractor will check fuel in tank. The fuel from the car could indicate different!! I just wonder if the Porsche been stored and not used all winter and with little or partially filled tank, the Ethanol in the fuel has absorbed moisture from the air and fuel “separated” given the description of it.

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/2 ... -fuel-row/

Cheers GTB
That Chippenham site had problems in Feb with its 95 RON fuel.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w ... 20affected.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

I’ve been out of the country for many years and I hadn’t been to a Shell station for a long time. I went to one to refuel last week and found it a bit confusing that there were two V-Power nozzles on the same pump, both with the identical red, bubbly V-Power logo. Looking more carefully, one said diesel in small text under the logo and the other said petrol. Isn’t this an accident waiting to happen? Why would Shell make the diesel V-Power logo exactly the same as the petrol and not make it blue or something to distinguish it? It’s lucky that I triple-checked the nozzle before filling.

I guess everyone in the UK knows about this, but I didn’t.

By the way, is Sainsbury’s really a suitable place to refuel a Porsche? Shouldn’t it rather be Waitrose or M&S?
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Moriarty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:37 pm I’ve been out of the country for many years and I hadn’t been to a Shell station for a long time. I went to one to refuel last week and found it a bit confusing that there were two V-Power nozzles on the same pump, both with the identical red, bubbly V-Power logo. Looking more carefully, one said diesel in small text under the logo and the other said petrol. Isn’t this an accident waiting to happen? Why would Shell make the diesel V-Power logo exactly the same as the petrol and not make it blue or something to distinguish it? It’s lucky that I triple-checked the nozzle before filling.

I guess everyone in the UK knows about this, but I didn’t.

By the way, is Sainsbury’s really a suitable place to refuel a Porsche? Shouldn’t it rather be Waitrose or M&S?
Think you’ll find any diesel pump should always be “Black” and yes it should be sourced from Waitrose 😊

IMG_1656.jpeg

Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6