Macan S Test drive + Deposit tomorrow?

All your ordering information here!
Yo Sushi

Post by Yo Sushi »

New member, but have been lurking for months.

Still playing with the configurator as usual, and the forum has been great in steering me. So just a few final thoughts on the following would be appreciated as I plan to stick 3k in the dealers hands tomorrow. Not sure if this code works, but this is my current spec. Porsche build lock date seems to fluctuate between August - October.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRY2BLQ5

1. Running boards! (Agree horrible) But I have a weak left leg and need them to get in. Can these be taken off for sale in the future within damaging the sill area? And do they really look awful in real life as I haven't been able to see any in the flesh.

2. When selecting the 14 way seat, you get these in leather. So what is the standard material for the door areas, rear seat? What do you need to option to get the rear seats in leather?

3. Does that garage door thing work?

4. How popular is that Comfort access (I am aware of the security risk) but even my 10 year old mini has a push button start!

5. Last one, do we know how the Macan EV v IEC orders are looking like in 2024?

Many thanks for any responses.

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

RUNNING BOARDS
After the negative comments on this forum they weren't on the spec for my new order T which I subsequently cancelled. My ex demo Macan S came with them fitted and I'm so glad they were, they've made cleaning the roof and loading my kayak so easy. They are not very wide and after the first few weeks you don't really notice them when getting in and out of the car. I think they look really nice on a Macan and help keep the dirt off the sides of the car. Best photo I have to show them on the car.
I'd also drop the 21" wheels and spend it on the extended leather , the contrast stitching is better but not worth the extra circa £1500 over the extended .

IMG_2940.JPG

Last edited by Scooby_Doo on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Ditto I have running boards on my MY19 S and think they look good, help keep the mud off the rear and help the kids get in and out. I would not be put off by them
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Yo, welcome aboard:
1. From previous discussion on the forum I don't believe removal will be a feasible option;
2. The 14 way option includes leather for the back seat;
3. My dealership warned that there are so many different garage door systems success cannot be guaranteed;
4. No comment.
5. Neither know nor care. I'll reconsider when I've worn out my current car.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

I had running boards on a previous Cayenne. Wife loved them and used them. I think the aesthetics are better on the Macan and if they’ll help you it’s a no brainer. Spec it for you not the next owner.
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

4: This is where Porsche let’s itself down IMO. It’s not exactly a ‘push start button’ that you would expect in a modern car.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You have done well with the Confuserator.

Only one suggestion, drop the 21” Spyders for 20” Sport.

Spyders are a sod to clean, the 20” Sport are an evolution of what was 21” Classics and cleaning these is supposedly very quick and easy. As it is my old style Spyders takes about 15 minutes a wheel to de-gunge, wash & dry.

Depending upon how long you want to keep the car for then consider getting it Pro Detailed with a ceramic coating if it is to be a long term keeper, otherwise push the SE to get a ceramic coating applied FOC.

Ask about wait period, if you are in a position to accept a early build if they have a cancellation, stress that.

You may also like to visit other OPC’s who are part of a different dealer network, test drive there and ask the same questions.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Welcome to the Forum.

Regarding comfort access. Unless I bought second hand, and the car came with it, I’d never spec it if I had the option not to. You are right it’s a serious security risk. So why bother speccing it? It’s hardly a chore pressing the key fob, and twisting a key to start it up.

If you do get it, buy a Ghost to ensure your pride and joy, remains yours.

From what I understand the UK hasn’t signed up to the same EU regulation regarding car cyber security. I posted an article about it (that got mainly ignored) that explains it. It’s mostly the EU insisting all new cars are sold with 20 standard safety features, including speed limit warning ⚠️. Nothing much regarding stopping your car being stolen.

It’s also to make it incredibly difficult to then sell on your new car, and even makes it very difficult for the main dealer to service your car. The EU once again making bonkers legislation to justify its existence, and to push its hate of cars and car ownership.

So, the UK can still sell the ICE Macan until either we sign up to the same silly piece of legislation, or Porsche decide to stop selling its best selling car !
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum. You should spec the car for what you want rather than what we might think. Having said that, a couple of comments on your spec.

I've got 20" Spyders on my GTS and I agree with Col, they're a real pig to clean. Also, 21" wheels give a slightly harder ride due to the reduced sidewall height and, for the same reason, slighly more at risk of kerbing.

You should be aware that Comfort Access does not give you "push button" start. Porsche's interpretation of this is a dummy key that you twist just like the real one. So you carry around a "key" and have what looks like a key in the dashboard. Why not have one key that does both jobs and is more secure.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

The 14 way seats give you leather seats front and rear, but to have leather along the dash, door trims and centre console lid, you need to also add the leather package or extended leather package.

14 way seats: leather seats front and rear.

14 way seats + leather package: leather seats, top of dashboard, door armrests, centre console lid.

14 way seats + extended leather package: all of the above plus a few more bits in the cabin in leather.

I think the car definitely needs leather added to the cabin otherwise it can feel a bit cheap with the brushed plastic along the dash especially.

Hope that helps!
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT